Priority Dresses & Costumes

Forum: Irish / Irish - Feiseanna

Irish - Feiseanna
Brian Sexton Feis en>fr fr>en
By China_Doll Comments: 1290, member since Sun Dec 30, 2007
On Thu Jun 04, 2009 03:22 PM

Who's Going? Sabre and I will be there u11 novice/pw.

20 Replies to Brian Sexton Feis

re: Brian Sexton Feis en>fr fr>en
By DutchShamrock Comments: 546, member since Thu Sep 07, 2006
On Fri Jun 05, 2009 09:09 AM
Will be there the entire day.

AB U10, PW U8, and AB adult. Does Sabre have the same dress that's in your avatar?
On Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:14 AM
wow all day no kidding! good luck, Yes she has the Blue and gold dress, and or possibly the green school dress she is debating if she wants to sell the blue to put money away for the new dress:)
By Celticdreams Comments: 967, member since Tue Jul 03, 2007
On Fri Jun 05, 2009 04:12 PM
I'll be there dancing all the 5 grade level dances... Fun Fun :) This will be my first time attending this feis. :)
On Sun Jun 07, 2009 03:48 PM
It was nice meeting you China_Doll. I saw Sabre later on but not you. I hope you were napping. :0)

Victoria (AB) placed 4th for her reel and 2nd for art. Lily was 2nd reel, 1st slip, 1st hp & 3rd treble jig, 3rd for art.

I missed my dances because I was with Lily. O'well.

We had a nice time and squeezed in a small picnic under a tree. I wasn't happy with the fiddle player on stage 2, but besides that a good feis.

We're looking forward to Patricia Murphy. That will a picnic on the beach. :0)
By mochabelle Comments: 160, member since Sun Jun 29, 2008
On Sun Jun 07, 2009 04:09 PM
Way to go Lily and Victoria! Without our friends (LOL!), how many were in the group this weekend? Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!
On Sun Jun 07, 2009 06:21 PM
Victoria's was about 18 which is smaller then her norm of 30. Lily had 5 then it drop to 4. Darn it!

How do you like the ginormous comp cards sent out for P. Murphy? LOL! It's bigger then Lily's waist. :0) No arm issues for anyone next week.
On Sun Jun 07, 2009 07:19 PM
I did not like the music on stage 2 being over shadowed by the championship stage next door. Even if she just turned up the volume a little bit I don't believe it would of messed up the champs. All I could hear was the champs music when I was on stage 2. I liked the musician on stage 5 best.
Another thing was...A/C yah right... what A/C??? It was almost as hot inside as it was outside the building. It was hard to figure out where the awards were... I did not see any signs.
I also did not like how spread out all the dances were.. I started the first dance about 10:30....then finished the last dance about 1:30pm. It made for a long day without lunch since I had to do alot of waiting around because I did not want to miss my comp.
On Sun Jun 07, 2009 07:39 PM
How did you end up doing Celticdreams?

I hope I never see that fiddle player on any of my daughters stages again. I like the music on stages 4 and 5. Mark is the best.
On Sun Jun 07, 2009 07:43 PM
DutchShamrock- Nice meeting you also- sorry for being so spaced^_^
tell your girls I said Congrats.
Sabrè got 4th in her novice reel (out of 29 i think) and 2nd in her Novice Slipjig(out of 32- SOOOO CLOSE to that first we need) In her reel (stage 2) the poor girl dancing with her had to restart 3 times(i assume due to the music issues stated above) and each time sabre had great starts but I think by the 3rd time she was a bit frazzled so that could have gone better. Her Treble Jig looked ok but not her best Her OPW HP looked pretty good but the girl she was dancing with forgot the left side of her 2nd step so they made sabre redo her 2nd step also wich even though the 1st time was danced well the 2nd time she screwed up lol Anyway the drive home was long but no big backups and we got home around 8:30 so I am just Happy to be 30 seconds from taking a shower and going to bed!! SLEEPY POO TIME NIGHT ALL!
By Slipjig_23 Comments: 24, member since Fri Mar 06, 2009
On Sun Jun 07, 2009 09:05 PM
Loved this feis! Got 1st in AB U14 reel and slip jig, 1st in U14 Beginner jig and 1st in art! Sis did awesome as well, taking 2 bronze medals. I danced on Stage 2 for my slip jig and didn't like the boom box. They got their musician in just in time, thank goodness, for the AB. I felt so bad for the girls before us, they had no one to count them off and were very confused. I did NOT like stage 2 at all. At first I thought the music was going to be a little bad, but once you got on stage facing the amp, it was better.

The awards room was hard to find, and I had to help other people find it when even the admin desk hadn't a clue where it was! The art competition took forever to judge- we had our art in by 10:00 and it wasn't judged until around 2:00pm.

Otherwise, I liked the layout of the stages. The staff working it was amazing. We'll be going there again next year. ;D
By cecescullymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 116, member since Mon Mar 02, 2009
On Sun Jun 07, 2009 09:31 PM
I was there, dancing Adult Novice. Too bad I didn't see this link beforehand to say hello to the others. I agree about the music on Stage 2 and the lack of air conditioning! Overall, though, I thought it was a fairly organized and well-run day.
:O)
On Mon Jun 08, 2009 04:39 AM
I came home with 3 trophies for my 5 dances that I did. I did like how stage four had 2 musicians playing. That was nice.

Slipjig_23 ~ That's so funny. I asked the administrator too, and she said all the awards are done on the stages.. I said, that's only for the champions and she was like Ohhh...So I had to ask someone else to find out where the awards room was.

My starts were all fine even with the music difficulties on stage 2. Timing might of fallen off a little bit in the middle when I could not hear our musician. Waiting for the results was not too bad. Some took a little longer to get posted than I expected but over all... I would rate this feis as middle of the road. So I might consider going back next year. :)
On Mon Jun 08, 2009 06:57 AM
Slipjig_23 my girls had the other artwork there. They saw yours and said "Wow! Well that person got 1st place." It was really beautiful, your very talented. Congratulations on your other wins as well.
On Mon Jun 08, 2009 07:26 AM
DutchShamrock wrote:

Slipjig_23 my girls had the other artwork there. They saw yours and said "Wow! Well that person got 1st place." It was really beautiful, your very talented. Congratulations on your other wins as well.

uh yeah My daughter passed by that table( your girls' were very nice also) but wow slipjig - coming from someone that can hardly manage a proper stick figure my jaw almost hit the floor when i saw that. Congrats to all 3 of you on your great art work~!
By Slipjig_23 Comments: 24, member since Fri Mar 06, 2009
On Mon Jun 08, 2009 03:27 PM
I was amazed when the admin couldn't tell people where the awards were. o__o We ourselves had to ask another dancer, too.

Thank you both very much! Me, my sister, and my mom all loved your girls' art, DutchShamrock! The sheep were so cute, and the real clovers in the tree was a great idea. 8D
By ardronan Comments: 73, member since Wed Mar 25, 2009
On Tue Jun 09, 2009 01:57 PM
I totally agree with you about Stage 2. DD could not hear at all. She was very upset. The even made announcements during her whole dance. What a waste. Came of stage saying she could not hear.
By ReelGirl343member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 526, member since Fri Dec 15, 2006
On Sat Jun 20, 2009 01:48 PM
Hey, looking for a link to the photos taken at Sexton. Does anyone know who they were or where I can find the pics?

Thanks
-Britt
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 06:52 PM
Hey,
Yah there is 3 photo galleries at annettejenkins.com

The passwords are feis12 feis
feis3 feis
feis45 feis

It's according to what stage the photo was shot at.
By cecescullymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 116, member since Mon Mar 02, 2009
On Thu Jun 25, 2009 03:53 PM
What a bummer - I just sifted through the photos and I see myself in line to dance with the other adults, but no shots of me dancing! Seems like most, but not all, of the adults got snapped. Oh well. I might have actually bought one, too. Fun to look at the photos, though!
On Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:26 AM
Yah, I noticed that too... It looked like they took dancing shots of me while I was competing, but when I looked through the photos, I did not see any of those pictures, so ohh well there lose.. I just won't buy anything.

ReplySendWatch