Forum: General / Jazz / Lyrical

Constructive Criticism Wanted :)
By x0oashley0ox
On Thu Jun 11, 2009 04:53 AM

Hey! So I'm thinking about entering into a very popular dance competition and I would love it if other dancers would mind watching my dance and giving me some words of wisdom to help improve it before entering.

www.youtube.com . . .

you can either comment it there or on here

Thanks in advance!
Ashley :)

5 Replies to Constructive Criticism Wanted :)

re: Constructive Criticism Wanted :)
By liltapdollmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 11, 2009 07:28 AM
Edited by liltapdoll (184870) on 2009-06-11 07:29:31
Thats a very nice dance :)

You need to control your turns a little more to make them look stronger.

Since it is self-choreographed, watch that your not repeating moves more than you need to.
:52 & 1:55
:11, 1:09, & 1:28
I also saw two split-leaps, maybe you could throw in another type of leap?
By Dancer4Life183member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 11, 2009 08:48 AM
Very lovely! Just be sure to use the entire stage. It seems like for the majority of the dance you just stay on one side of the stage.
By danceaholic_xoxo
On Thu Jun 11, 2009 09:35 AM
I agree with what the above posters said.

It also looked like through out the entire dance you were just smiling. I mean perhaps you weren't but from the view it was taken it looked like that. Anyways, through in some more emotions and really get into your song.

Excellent job though :)
Keep working hard!
By lildancer247
On Thu Jun 11, 2009 04:56 PM
Edited by lildancer247 (199419) on 2009-06-11 17:00:17 typo
Overall, good job!! I really like the choreography.

I would highly suggest taking out the turn combination at :58. Obviously turns arn't your strong point and the dance would look alot cleaner without it. Also, watch your wrists. they sometimes break the lines of your body. Be sure to make every move important and take time you make some movements more intimate than others. Don't throw away your movements. Try to finish out everything you do before moving on to the next thing. Make sure to put emotion throughout your entire body and not just your face. That will really set you apart from others!!

Like others said, use the entire stage and be totally confident with yourself.

Awesome job!! Good Luck at competition!!

(If you don't mind sharing, which competition are you going to? Keep us updated on how you do at it!!)
By x0oashley0ox
On Thu Jun 11, 2009 09:14 PM
thanks everyone for your comments :) I am aware that my turns are not very good in this video and I assure you they are much better without competition jitters

as for the competition I was planning on entering, I actually was considering so you think you can dance... im not sure how I feel about auditioning yet and i was hoping that comments would help hahaa

thanks again!
Ashley

ReplySendWatch