Forum: Irish / Good Luck, Congratulations, Thank You

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Dance Withdrawal Symptons.
By BellaSiciliana
On Tue Jul 28, 2009 08:42 AM
Natz2 wrote:

They haven't told me to do anything for the preparation for the Gastro Scope. Maybe its different here. It does say you can be kept in but that I think is if you choose to go under.

Oh, sorry Natz! Didn't mean to scare you! No, you don't have to have any prep. for a gastro. I thought you said you were having both gastro AND colon done. You need prep. for a colonoscopy. You got the easy scope! For a gastro, they put a small tube with a camera at the end down your throat (not as bad as it sounds) and look at your upper digestive tract. They WILL numb your throat, but I suggest going under because, while you cannot feel the scope, the fact that it's there is scary enough to some. It should only take about 20 minutes, if I remember correctly, so they won't give you heavy anesthesia like they would for surgeries, but you will most likely fall asleep.
By BellaSiciliana
On Tue Jul 28, 2009 08:43 AM
Natz2 wrote:

They haven't told me to do anything for the preparation for the Gastro Scope. Maybe its different here. It does say you can be kept in but that I think is if you choose to go under.

Oh, sorry Natz! Didn't mean to scare you! No, you don't have to have any prep. for a gastro. I thought you said you were having both gastro AND colon done. You need prep. for a colonoscopy. You got the easy scope! For a gastro, they put a small tube with a camera at the end down your throat (not as bad as it sounds) and look at your upper digestive tract. They WILL numb your throat, but I suggest going under because, while you cannot feel the scope, the fact that it's there is scary enough to some. It should only take about 20 minutes, if I remember correctly, so they won't give you heavy anesthesia like they would for surgeries, but you will most likely fall asleep.
By Natz2
On Thu Jul 30, 2009 04:45 AM
I am getting both done but I only have the appointment for a Gastro Scope at the moment.

I have to wait for the other scope. I guess it depends on the results of this one.
By Natz2
On Sun Aug 09, 2009 01:11 AM
They didn't do the scope when I went on Wednesday because it takes three hours apparently to do.

Now I have to wait until the 18th.
By Natz2
On Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:28 AM
Update they have scanned my kidneys and abdomen again. Still waiting for the results on that.

I have to go for the colonscopy. They said they would sedate me for it.
By championdancer22
On Sat Oct 03, 2009 08:52 PM
I am out of dance right now due to an injury and I know what you feel!! Going CRAZY!
By Natz2
On Wed Oct 14, 2009 03:36 AM
I know it sucks doesn't it. They decided I have pain ibs most likely brought on by the undiagnoised stomach ulcer.(That has been confirmed)

They said to try a lifestyle change and get more exercise. I was at dance before all this. They don't seem to realise I was relatively fit.

Maybe I should go to a dietician I'm not convinced by this diagnosis. It is like saying its all in your head.

Any suggestions would be good? I'm sick of doctors.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch