Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Administrative
IrishChampion perma banned.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Mon Jun 22, 2009 02:50 PM

IrishChampion was banned for the following reason awhile ago.

We told you that the next time would be permanent, and here it is.

DDN is a good community, full of good, honest people - and that's pretty much all we ever expect from our members. You don't need to inflate, exaggerate, or outright lie, because everyone would like you no matter what.

Unfortunatly, you took advantage of our trust and good will, and you are no longer welcome here.

Maddyrockets comes to the site and the moderators and owner gave her a chance to amend her previous behavior. Obviously TOS violations occurred with this account too.

mririshchamp has also been banned and so will any names that pop up in the future that this member creates.

42 Replies to IrishChampion perma banned.

re: IrishChampion perma banned.
By rainbow_rawr Comments: 642, member since Wed Mar 11, 2009
On Mon Jun 22, 2009 02:55 PM
wait....so irishchampion and maddyrockets and mririshchamp are the same person?
On Mon Jun 22, 2009 02:58 PM
ding ding ding! we have a winner.
By rainbow_rawr Comments: 642, member since Wed Mar 11, 2009
On Mon Jun 22, 2009 03:00 PM
oh...that post was kind of confusing lol!
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:11 PM
Poor kid. These forums can be great for kids WITH parental supervision - and I think if this girl's parents were around to guide her internet use (which I'm assuming they haven't been doing), she probably could have got a lot out of DDN.

At 10 years old, children are not ready to be using the internet and interacting on public forums on their own.
By Clann_Lir_GirlPremium member Comments: 116, member since Fri Sep 26, 2008
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 01:19 AM
All members are going to support the mods anyway. I agree with Snuffy on this one, why did this child have no parental suprervision online? To lie is bad enough, but then to get your back up and make it worse when you're caught out...just plain daft. Here's to keeping DDN a safe and friendly community, as opposed to some message boards where people can say what they like virtually. Thanks mods for doing a great job, keep up the good work!
re: IrishChampion perma banned. (karma: 1)
By PureTapPremium member Comments: 1082, member since Sat Jul 12, 2008
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 04:24 AM
Wow, I'm pretty impressed by the younng thing - a 10 year old girl with a 6 year old daughter (who was, coincidentally, a champ just like her mother!)

It's really quite sad that children are so technically adept nowdays that they can jump on a forum and lie their little tushes off before they've even managed to hone their lying skills.

:( :( :(
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 07:53 AM
At 10 years old, children are not ready to be using the internet and interacting on public forums on their own.

You believe she is 10? After all the lies why would that one be true?
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 08:23 AM
Edited by Snuffy (189942) on 2009-06-23 08:30:04
^Well, I guess it doesn't really matter how old she really is - she's not mature enough to be using forums on her own, which is the point that I am trying to make.

Honestly, though, I do believe that she probably was a young adolescent. I'm in no way condoning her behaviour, but I am not going to judge her like I would someone my age. I feel for her, because she's obviously not ready to be interacting on public forums, and hasn't yet learnt how to conduct herself in a mature way - so instead of benefiting from a great place like DDN, she has ended up having a less than positive experience, which of course is partly her fault, but I think this could have been avoided if her internet use was being supervised by an adult.

I'm not saying that we should be lenient on her or anything; on the contrary, I support the ban because she clearly isn't ready to be using these kinds of forums. However, I do believe that this is a child we're talking about - based on the evidence that I have seen - and therefore I'm going to withhold further judgement accordingly.

Edit: WOAH. Okay. I see! I just looked at the other usernames... I am really, really confused. I think there's more than one person, OR this person is an adult... but... how???

Actually, don't answer that - I don't even want to know! *shakes head*

By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 09:21 AM
Was the imopiclolz (or however it was spelled) person part of this? I saw a little dig at imadanseur on her profile, but I thought maybe it was a niece or something. Didn't really click til just now.

If it's this person, yeah she seems very young. Smart but dumb, you know?

kk~
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 09:29 AM
^HA HA HA...no imepiclolz is another person who started an account naned sojustletgo. It was your average troll that came back.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:29 PM
The thread by maddyrockets was an amusing read. That's one talented 6, or 10, or 16 year old. :P
On Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:39 PM
^^If you liked that you should check out some of irishchampion's claims:

Well I started when I was 4 and my sis was a champ dancer and she showed me how 2 dance so i was in champs at age six! I beleive I am the youngest!!

Yeaaahhhhh riiiiggghtt!
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 09:23 AM
I dunno anything about Irish dancing, but I assume being in the "champion" level at age 6 is pretty much unheard of.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 09:30 AM
^ There are definitely a few, but I don't think any of them would be using the internet unsupervised at six years old.

As a cautionary side note...seriously, guys. If you lie you will get caught. It's only a matter of time. This member was particularly clumsy about her claims, but even the more complex lies have been unraveled after a while. Just don't do it!

Dani

Comment #8327353 deleted
Removed by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2009-06-24 09:42:21 egads, I duplicated myself!

By oooshinymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1876, member since Wed Dec 12, 2007
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 09:36 AM
Ha! Sweet.
At least that thread of hers was somewhat entertaining.
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2238, member since Mon May 19, 2008
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 02:32 PM
LOL!
I find it interesting to see how you MODS connect two different accounts.

How did you trace Maddyrockets to IrishChampion, and sojustletgo to imepiclolz?
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 02:36 PM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2009-06-24 14:36:54
^ We have secret mod powers. *shifty eyes* But...er...I've said too much!

Dani
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2238, member since Mon May 19, 2008
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 02:39 PM
LOL!
Our MODS are criminal masterminds!
Only...erm... they don't use their brain power for evil :D.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 09:25 PM
feisgirl92 wrote:

LOL!
I find it interesting to see how you MODS connect two different accounts.

How did you trace Maddyrockets to IrishChampion, and sojustletgo to imepiclolz?

We'd actually had maddy pegged for some time before the freak out began. We were willing to give her a second chance, assuming that she would have learned to not lie after her last horrible try at it, and it turns out...she didn't. Not only did she create a second account to lie (maddy), but she's now attempted several times since to do the same thing!
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:30 PM
There was someone named 'imepiclolz'??? That's AWESOME.

/end epic moment.

I want a picture photoshopped together of all the mods in a Charlie's Angel position or Superhero pose formation. We can have a mod praise thread. Because you guys are AMAZING, and the vast majority of us just don't know how to praise you enough.
By Ayokamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 858, member since Sun Sep 25, 2005
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:42 PM
Gah, darn summer classes distracted me from the DDN drama! Besides the fact I can never follow what you people are talking about on the ID boards. Seriously, ID is like a foreign language. I just happened to have made a bowl of popcorn when I found this thread and didn't realize the joke until I was almost done with maddyrockets thread (and my bowl of popcorn). LOL.
By mrslovettmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1372, member since Sun Jan 06, 2008
On Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:50 AM
Um, guys, all these people go to a school where you're not allowed to put pictures online, and they are being picked on because they're more amazing than everyone else, and you normals are just getting jealous, and they'll be back because everyone here loves them and everything they all said is true, and you all just jump on the Irish dancers just because we're so good, we kick our own butts. And also, also, you're all mean to these girls because they didn't follow certain "rules" on the site, but everyone knows this is just a popularity club.

(Kidding. In case you didn't catch that.)

(Good job, Mods.)
On Thu Jun 25, 2009 01:05 AM
Edited by Snuffy (189942) on 2009-06-25 01:08:27 having trouble typign
^Ah-HA! MrsLovette, you are a genius! That "in-crowd" that everyone is always asking about... it's the Irish dancers! Of course! That's why we all hang out on the Irish forums - because that's where the kool kids are.

That, and Theresa is a fake moderator. (Possibly my all-time favourite claim by a DDNer having a tantrum!) :D
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch