Forum: Arts / Crafts & Hobbies

my mums keepsake gifts,please look
By squekmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jun 29, 2009 04:34 AM

hi just thought i would share my mums talent with you all, all these gifts are 100% hand made by my mum who is thinking of starting a web site up selling them, as at the moment she sells them to family,friends & mates friends, what do you think please comment

love from sophie

4 Replies to my mums keepsake gifts,please look

re: my mums keepsake gifts,please look
By SoloJazzDancer
On Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:12 PM
Oh, my gosh, those are amazing! Your mum is very talented! Some of the pictures are a little to close up so they were hard to see but I loved them all. I'm going to see if I can send this page to the card making group I am in. They would be impressed too. If she gets anything up, let us know! Has she tried Esty? I think that's how it's spelled. I want to try there.
By babyoscar
On Mon Jul 06, 2009 09:16 PM
the market for handmade items are very competitive, becuase you are basically selling your time for very cheap price. She can try sell them at local boutique/craft store for a fee to get the word out. She can include a little business card/information on the back of each item, that way if anyone wants to buy more, they can just contact it. It will also help going on Etsy, and start a website or blog with the items she got right now.

I used to sell my handmade items, but not anymore just becuase for the time I spent on them is totally not worth what I get out of it money wise.
By Jennys_mum
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:37 AM
I think Your mums cards are the most beautiful ones I have ever seen and if people want something nice and special they will pay for it. Its just a pity some people dont realise the work that is put into crafts hand made. I like to make crafts too , But the price for the materials is so expensive as well. Good luck with the web site.

Christine
By Jules15
On Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:16 PM
Your mum's cards are beautiful and very nicely finished but I agree it can be very difficult to make any money out of handcrafted cards. My mum and I did a table top sale once with our handcrafted cards and I think we just about covered the cost of the table.

Good luck to your mum with her venture.

Jules

ReplySendWatch