Popular Disco

disco kid ticket wanted by lildancer90
Wanted disco kid ticket any day money waiting xx

Forum: Advice / Injuries

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Injuries
your funny injury stories en>fr fr>en
By pointe92member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 807, member since Fri May 25, 2007
On Wed Jul 15, 2009 04:50 PM

just wondering how other people get hurt in a way that only they could get hurt in.

example: i cut myself with an ice cream scooper. and i bled. alot. only a blonde like me would do that...

no matter how minor i would love to her them!

39 Replies to your funny injury stories

re: your funny injury stories en>fr fr>en
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Wed Jul 15, 2009 05:06 PM
I cut myself a couple of years ago, gift-wrapping something for a customer. I was using TISSUE PAPER! It was a couple of sheets and, on the right angle, as I moved my hand past it, it cut me like normal paper. I was surprised! :P
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33905, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Jul 15, 2009 05:16 PM
I nipped myself with scissors doing a hair cut once. Not even bad, but I thought I was going to have to go home, because the bugger wouldn't stop bleeding! :O I had to get my boss to come finish my haircut!

When I blew out my knee, it was funny, but for a different reason. I was in class, and I was in line to dance, and all the sudden there was a snap in my knee, and I was on the ground. And it was so surreal to me that one minute I was standing, and the next minute, I couldn't have stood up if someone offered me money, that I just couldn't stop laughing! I kept trying to tell everyone I was injured and couldn't get up, but no one believed me! If you tried to tell someone you couldn't stand up, but you were laughing so hard you were crying, do you think they'd believe you?! No dice! It wasn't until I'd calmed down, and went "No seriously. Can't get up." that someone came to help me! lol!
By Arakmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 18113, member since Sun Aug 13, 2000
On Wed Jul 15, 2009 06:44 PM
I twisted my knee playing Duck Duck Goose... when I was 15. With other kids my age.
By KaptainKlancymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 276, member since Sat Jan 05, 2008
On Wed Jul 15, 2009 09:08 PM
I sprained my back getting up from a chair and walking to the dishwasher. No joke. I couldn't move, and it hurt so darn much, but it was so ridiculous. I was laughing and crying at the same time.
By boleyngrrl Comments: 2410, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Thu Jul 16, 2009 09:25 AM
In 7th grade I was biking in a PE class on a trail, and there was this huge, curvy hill (bet you can see where this is going). So I start pedalling (sp?) as fast as I can, and I was going really fast. I noticed how fast I was going, so I squeezed the brakes. Nothing happened. I squeezed them harder. Still nothing. I tried the front brakes. Luckily, nothing happened that time either. So I tried to turn a bit to slow myself down. Still nothing. At that point, I saw the bottom of the hill, which was a turn that was over 90 degrees. I started laughing, because I was going too fast to put my feet down to stop myself, and I knew that I was going to crash. My bike hit a thornbush, catapulted me into a rosebush, and I started laughing hysterically. I have no idea why I thought it was funny. I didn't cry at all, even though my teacher pretty much screamed when she saw me covered in blood from the rose bush's branches and thorns. I was wearing a helmet and everything, so it just looked bad. (Except for my bike, which was triple-totalled. :( I still have the scars on my legs from the thorns. But the bike ride was fun, though I think in the future I'll check by brakes and tires before going down a hill. :D
By Iamalittlefishie Comments: 688, member since Sun Jul 02, 2006
On Thu Jul 16, 2009 02:13 PM
Eh, I've got a few that I think are funny, looking back on.

I've sprained an ankle while it was in the air. I'm not kidding-- that leg was up in an arabesque, and it was somthing about how I moved it... at the peak of the arabesque, I felt it sprian. Who does that? I'm a freak.

I broke a pinky toe because my foot slid off a curb. I sprained that ankle pretty badly, too. Blood was everywhere... yeah. Again, who does that kind of thing? I had been dancing for hours that day with no injury, and on the way to the car I wreck my foot.

My other pinky toe I broke by jumping across the room to avoid my dad's computer that was on the floor. I was like, going too fast with my feet for the rest of my body... I was avoiding falling on it, but I fell myself, and broke my toe by bending it too far backwards, trying to keep myself from dying when I hit the floor. haha, eek.

I have a neuroma in my foot from when I piroetted from second position a bit too enthusiastically. I hit the floor, and the bones in my foot squished together and busted up the nerve in between the bones. Of course, I'd fall at just the right angle.

When I was 14 or 15 I sprained an ankle by running too close to a curb. I guess I didn't see it or something, but I stepped on it with half my foot, and not with the other half... and I essentially fell off the curb. So I sprained it, because I seem to be good at doing dumb things.

My injuries pretty much revolve around me being uncoordinated.

Something that didn't happen to me, but makes me LOL...

My friend was doing quick turns from the corner, and hit a pole. She literally pique turned her knee into a pole, and busted a hole in the drywall. She wasn't too hurt, just bruised. But that's one strong knee! hahaha.
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2157, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Thu Jul 16, 2009 02:48 PM
I popped my knee out and back in again playing Twister. I've done that a couple of times before when dancing and I've always had to rest it and walk at about 1 mile an hour and bandage it all up and just generally be in pain for a long time, including no dancing... but weirdly, I got over that particular time in 10 minutes. My knee just went straight back to normal. It was a surreal experience, and I feel sorry for my friends, who heard it!
By Dancer4Life183member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 151, member since Tue Apr 03, 2007
On Thu Jul 16, 2009 07:56 PM
One time I was bending over to pick something up and standing back up I hit my head on the doorknob...I got a concussion.
By Arakmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 18113, member since Sun Aug 13, 2000
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 09:44 AM
^ I leave cabinet doors open all the time and then bump my head on them. Especially the one over the dishwasher. Haven't given myself a concussion that way, but it still hurts and it's still pretty dumb.
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 09:58 AM
Imalittlefishie, some of your stories have reminded me of a couple of other injuries I've had!

When I was 15 (still Irish dancing the first time around), I did a lovely big leap across the room, and didn't notice that my little sister had left a sticky-tape dispenser on the carpet. I landed on it. It broke, and I got a nice big lump and a bruise on my foot, and a serrated cut, LOL!

A few years ago I was at my boyfriend's house, and I was skipping across the room. What I didn't notice was that he'd left one of his weights sticking out from under the coffee table. I wasn't wearing shoes, and I ended up breaking my toe. I remember hopping about on one foot, clutching my other foot, laughing and crying at the same time. It was pretty funny. :)
By dancetoexpressmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 143, member since Sun Nov 30, 2008
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:16 PM
Hahaha. Oh, injury stories.

My family was cleaning up my basement so we could have my 13th birthday party down there and I was packing a box. I wasn't paying very much attention and the packing tape dispenser cut my pinkie open. It was so bad I thought I was going to have to get stitches. I still have a scar, four years later.

Another is when I was about 10, I think, me and my neighbor and my sister were pretending to bobsled in a wagon down my driveway
and I thought it would be funny to stand up. So, my sister made a sharp turn into the grass before we reached the end of the driveway and I fell and scraped my shin open on the metal piece that the back of the wagon went in. I had to go to the ER and get 9 stitches in my leg. Funny thing is my mom had to take me, my 3 brothers and sisters, and my 5 neighbor kids that she was babysitting all to the ER with her. We all smelt so bad from playing outside all day. =]

And one more: I was having a going away party before I spent a month in Russia on a missions trip and my friend was chasing me around the yard threatening to throw me in the pool. I slipped on some wet grass and broke my toe. Of course, I didnt have time to go to the doctor before I left the next day. I had to go to Russia with a broken toe.
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2234, member since Mon May 19, 2008
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:32 PM
Edited by feisgirl92 (196424) on 2009-07-17 22:34:01 because I type words that make no sense.
Hmm, four stories come to mind here.

One day, I was walking out the door to go to school. The way my front door is, I have the front door, a step down, a porch, a step down and then a sidewalk leading to the driveway. Well I guess I didn't look or took the step from the porch to the sidewalk a little too enthusiastically, because when I went to take the step down I rolled my ankle over. I literally lay on the grass laughing for about five minutes before I got up and limped to the car. I didn't cry or say "that really hurt!" or anything. It was fine by the next day, but it was weird how I just spontaneously rolled over my ankle doing something I've done a million times.

My other story goes like this.
I was babysitting a 6 or 7 y/o and as I chased her up the stairs to tuck her in for the night, I stubbed my big toe on a stair and almost broke it! It throbbed and hurt like you wouldn't believe. I went to lay down on the couch and put some ice on it and elevate it. Eventually I had to call her mother home from Christmas shopping so I could go to the hospital and make sure it wasn't broken.

I ended up being fine within the week, but that was one of the most painful injuries I've had!

As for my third story, I barely remember it because it happened when I was quite young.

I was walking home from the bus stop at the end of my street, when I spontaneously tripped over the curb. I fell and skinned my cheek. I didn't hurt myself or anything, didn't cry and I wasn't upset, but by the next day I had a huge scab covering half my cheek. School picture day was the next day too. Talk about annoying.

My fourth story:
When I was probably about ten years old, I found a really old umbrella in the basement. I took it outside to play with it and a friend. It was the kind of umbrella that had the pointed top to it, so it looked like a walking stick or cane. Well the day turned windy all of a sudden, and, you guessed it, I got hit with the umbrella right below my eye. Just a centimeter more up and I would have probably poked my eye out (literally)!
By raspberrymuffinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 294, member since Tue Dec 16, 2008
On Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:43 PM
Edited by raspberrymuffin (205329) on 2009-07-17 22:44:03
Edited by raspberrymuffin (205329) on 2009-07-17 22:45:19 keep having to fix typos...
I only have one that's me, but reading all of these make me really need to say ones about my brother, sister, and mom. My family is kinda clutzy...

When I was like...7? We had one of those blow up pools from Costco in our backyard. So we had this rope tied between these two poles on our back porch(you'd have to see it) to hang towels on to dry. Well, I was sitting on it, pretending to ride a horse side saddle, and fell backwards onto my back, breaking my shoulder clean through.

I remembered another one! I was at school in 4th grade and while we waited for my teacher to come to the class room me and my friend were on the black top holding hands and spinning around. Well, right when the bell rang, her hands slipped and I broke my wrist. My mom didn't believe me that it hurt as bad as it did. Three days later she had to pull me out of ballet to get me a splint.

This one is my mom - she was walking through the house and stubbed her little toe on an antique picture frame and it was black and blue. She went to this doctor down the street and they said it was fine. She obviously didn't believe them so she went to urgent care and it was broken and dislocated in two places. She had to have surgery to get a pin in it so it would heal right, and it still is at a weird angle.

My sister was running down the hallway in the middle of the night and fractured her foot. That's what I got that happened at least...

Last one. :D My older brother and I were having an argument and he punched my shoulder, but it didn't like, hurt or anything so I was just like whatever. But then later he kept saying his hand really hurt and so he got an x-ray and it was broken. He said that he punched his door and that's how he broke it, but I don't believe him, even though there's a dent and everything. ;)

Okay...I'll shut up now. :)
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4495, member since Sun Mar 20, 2005
On Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:58 PM
We are one klutzy group! :)

My sprained ankle story is really funny...I was teaching a kids tap class, and I was standing in the middle of the room demonstrating. I turned to walk over to the stereo system to turn on the music, and literally tripped over nothing and rolled my ankle. It was a BAD sprain. From walking. On a flat surface. Not from dancing or teaching. From walking. How lame is that.

I have a crescent shaped scar on my ring toe from cutting it when I was in middle school. We had a bag of trash sitting by the front door because someone needed to take it out. I walked by the bag to go out the front door (I didn't have shoes on) and felt a sudden sharp pain in my toe. I looked down, and there was blood POURING out of my toe. Scream, yell, whine, run to the bathroom...we later figured out that there was a coffee can lid right up against the edge of the bag and when I walked by it it sliced through the bag and my toe!

I have a lovely myriad of scars on my left knee...and the particularly large and ugly one is from baton class when I was little. We would go outside into an empty lot to practice so we could toss higher, and I left one of my batons out there, so I went running back out, and being the completely coordinated kid that I am (:P) I tripped and totally biffed it on the tar. It was AWFUL. My teacher totally freaked, and they had to call my mom. And now I have a nasty scar. :)
By HollieErin Comments: 3407, member since Tue Feb 19, 2002
On Sat Jul 18, 2009 02:04 PM
I'm a HUGE Jason Mcoy fan (for those who do now know he is a solo country artist, as well as sings andplays for The Road Hammers), I was front row centre for his show at countryfest. After the show it was announced that you could go meet him, I was so there. There were not many people that went so I got to chat with band and him for a while, I was so star struck because Jason Mcoy is also quite the hotty. The announcer announced that the next act was coming up so my boyfriends took me by the had to pry me away from Jason Mcoy well I was busy oogling and waving goodbye to him... and I tripped right over a tree and sprained my ankle. He asked me if I was alright... I just giggled.
By CompactDiscomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1063, member since Fri Aug 29, 2008
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 09:16 PM
I fell in the hallway. Nothing was there, I just fell. I don't know why to this day. But guess what? That broke my foot! Sheesh!
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5021, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 09:28 PM
When I was a little kid (5 or 6?) I was playing with my brother on his bed. Some how I fell off and hit my head on a box fan. I got a black eye from that.

My freshman year of highschool: I was on a choir trip out of state. We went to six flags. I was walking and just tripped on something and skinned my knee. A few weeks later I was at the ropes course (you may or may not know what that is) and as I was climbing up something I reopened the wound from six flags. A few weeks after that I was playing tennis in my gym class (outside) I just fell and reopened it again. A few weeks after that I was walking around the neighborhood with my mom she pointed at something and I look and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. Same knee. Now I have a big scar there.
By luvxx2xxdancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1174, member since Thu Mar 05, 2009
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 05:26 PM
Oow you guys are crazies.

I have a lot of funny injury stories but I'll only tell one or else I'll end up with a novel!!

I was checking out a studio in AZ and we were learning a combo and at this one part, your right knee is popped and you bend down, and I did this with such force that I hit my eye on my knee (the bone above your eyeball and below your eyelash). I came home and it was all swollen. Then I woke up and I had a black eye. Everyone kept asking me about it. Yea I was soooo cool that I have myself a black eye from dancing. =]
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1483, member since Fri Mar 20, 2009
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 09:23 PM
Great stories! Lol! I think all of them made me smile!

Well when I was 7, I was running in P.E. and somehow I ran into this kid... Or he ran into me.. I have no memory of this actually. Anyway, I fell and hit my head on the CONCRETE gym floor. (who has a concrete floor in a gym?! With running children who trip a lot!) I had a grade 3 concussion, and was unconscious for 12+ hours. 24 at the least.

Er, I was helping decorate for prom a few months ago, and this (majorly hot) guy (who was my first major crush) came up to me and tickled my sides, and it was bruised for 2 weeks.

I get bruises all the time & I'm not sure where they are from...Because I don't run into anything or get hit...?

:D
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2234, member since Mon May 19, 2008
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 09:42 PM
I did this one today.

I was standing still, mind you, and all of a sudden I feel my knee go backwards and hear a pop, followed by a shooting pain. So naturally I take all my weight off that leg and go to sit down.

Ten minutes later I was fine. But it hurt! Weirdest thing ever. Only I could get hurt standing still.
By Miyuki_chanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1493, member since Fri Dec 03, 2004
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:14 PM
I've got a few.

When I was like 6 I begged my mom to let me help her make dinner, so she had me get a can of stewed tomatoes out of the fridge, well I dropped it on my foot because the can was so wide I couldn't get my hands around it. Nothing was broken because my bones were still soft enough at that point.

The next one was when I was like 5 or 6, I used to be afraid of cops..dunno why, I was around them all the time..but anyway, one of my family's friends had stopped by after her shift and she was still in uniform, and I got freaked out and jumped in the car, my dad hadn't realized that I had gotten in the car and shut the door. My entire hand was still in the door. I didn't cry..I just looked at the door where my hand was in disbelief..my dad is the one who freaked out, and he was an EMT at the time. They actually had to tell him to open the door that's how freaked he got. again nothing broke because my bones were still relatively soft. I just had a nice bruise.

A few years ago Lord of the Rings came on TV and I got all excited and I ran from the living room to my parents bedroom to watch it..well about half way down the hall I hit my toe on a case of soda..I didn't know what was wrong with it for 3 week..it was broken right where my toe and foot meet because I'd jammed my toe back.

A few months ago I put my back out getting up off of the toilet. I'd been in bed for 2-3 days prior to that because I was sick..and I was in bed for 3 days after that because I couldn't move.
By dreamy_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 654, member since Tue Nov 09, 2004
On Sat Jul 25, 2009 03:58 PM
I once fell over in the garden and cut my wrist open on something very sharp and nasty. Several hospital visits and stitches ensued...

I also cut my hand while drying the dishes as a plate slipped and broke. There was a surprisingly amount of blood...

And, the most stupid, I ran into a low ceiling in my house - in which I had lived for many years - and made my head bleed.

I'm sure there have been many more such foolish instances...!
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6249, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Sat Jul 25, 2009 07:18 PM
The last time I actually did any performance dancing was when I was 21. As a teen ager I was on the staff at our local Boy Scout camp and I used to do American Indian dancing at the various campfires. In one of the dances my closing was to exit the council ring by a path to the left of the council fire which led down an 8 or 9 foot embankment, at the level of the lake, out of sight of the campers. I stopped doing this when I was no longer on staff. When I was 21, I was invited to come to the camp for some ceremony and award that a neighbor kid was getting. When I got to the camp that night, someone remembered that I had done solo dancing, including the flaming hoop dance. Their solo dancer hadn't shown up and called that he couldn't make it in time. So I was asked if I remembered the dances (I did) and could I do that night's solos and flaming hoop dance. So I got into a costume that they had there. As I normally wear glasses all the time, but of course had to take them off for dancing, I was essentially flying blind during the dances. I did my routine and was about to exit the ring just as I had always done. What no one told me was that in the years since I had done these dances, the path to the lake went away and was replaced by an 8 foot tall retaining wall. Between not having glasses and being blinded by the huge campfire, I propelled myself off this 8 foot wall and onto a woodpile below.

I ended up that night in the exam room of a country doctor. It was just a bad ankle sprain fortunately.

I carried at the time health insurance sold to college students for a very low sum. And when I got the bill for the doctor's exam and some follow up Xrays, I submitted these bills to the insurance company. They totalled about $25.00 (this was in 1963.)
The insurance company's form asked the usual questions about an accident and when asked for the cause, I wrote "Injured while going over a retaining wall doing American Indian dancing."

About three months later, I got a phone call from the insurance company. They asked about my most unusual claim and I satisfied them when I told them that I had about 300 witnesses to the accident including some high level Boy Scout officials. Then they asked me if I would write a blurb about how the Continental Casualty Company paid the claim for this bizarre accident as they wanted to use it in their advertising campaign on college and public school campuses.

I did so, and they sent me a check for $150.00 which was what a semester's tuition cost back then.

Jon
By Miyuki_chanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1493, member since Fri Dec 03, 2004
On Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 PM
I've got a new one. I did this today at a practice for a demo thing that my Martial Arts school is putting on next Saturday. We were doing kicking drills and as I was doing a round house kick, which was (for the first time EVER) technically perfect, I somehow managed to tweak my ankle..not the one that was on the ground supporting my weight..the one that was doing the kicking..funny thing is I was no where near the target when I felt it tweak. It still hurts some now, but It should be better by tomorrow..hopefully since I have Muay Thai/kickboxing at 9:30..
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch