Forum: General / Jazz / Lyrical

getting accepted?
By njgirlrox
On Mon Jul 20, 2009 01:54 PM

Hi everyone. I'm currently a senior in high school and I am hoping to study dance in college (as a second major or minor). Some schools that I am applying to do not require an audition, but allow students to send in a video of their own dancing. (sort of a "another reason that you should accept me" thing) Each of these schools has an equal focus between ballet, modern, and jazz.
What should I include in these videos? Barre work? A short solo? Turns? Kicks? Leaps?
Sorry, I'm a bit confused about this whole process! Thanks! =]

2 Replies to getting accepted?

re: getting accepted?
By SIKKEY333
On Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:53 PM
Sorry I am only 11 but have 6 years of dance training. ( And read books) Anyway I would put the video in different sections.

Ballet section: Bar work, Floor work, Arm work, Pointe (If that is included and if you do it)

Modern section: (I will only do modern this coming year so don't know much) jumps????? Some things you know in modern???

Jazz section: All the jumps and turns you know how to do well. Throw in some things out of your comfort zone so you can show them all your effort your willing to put in.

I would suggest doing the modern and jazz in short solos and the ballet not a short solo

See if you can use your dance studio to film it!

Hope this helps!!!!! Best of luck!!!!
re: getting accepted?
By dancegirl300member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 03, 2009 08:43 PM
Well, we can't personally help you with that. Call or go ask them about it yourself. If you don't know something then ask. Teachers like it when you ask

ReplySendWatch