Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Stretching Photos - Members
Have I made any progress?
By veganwarriormember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 216, member since Fri Apr 17, 2009
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 09:56 AM
Edited by veganwarrior (210406) on 2009-07-23 10:34:49 It is easier to view the pictures from the other link

I couldn't upload all of my pictures so you can look at them on photobucket the link is here,

s82.photobucket.com . . .

This view is better; s82.photobucket.com . . .

I guess I'm a little bit dissapointed. This is one months progress. The most recent pictures are the ones with me wearing the pink tights and yellow shorts. I apologize for the bad lighting. I'm going to take some pictures tonight and hopefully with better light.
I stretch every night and I was expecting more of an improvement. Do you have any tips?
I know in bridge my hands are supposed to be under my shoulders, but I can't get them there. My main goal is to get all 3 splits. If my alignment is off please tell me. I try and have the best form I possibly can.

20 Replies to Have I made any progress?

re: Have I made any progress?
By MisterMistermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1063, member since Sat Apr 10, 2004
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:08 AM
Hi!

Very well done! Your photos are really good!

I guess you should try to press yourself against a wall to get your middle-splits. Do you get what I mean?

If you want, I will post some photos or something.

Yours,

MisterMister
By veganwarriormember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 216, member since Fri Apr 17, 2009
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 01:20 PM
I think so. Do you mean I'm facing the wall and someone is pushing me?
By longlivedancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 469, member since Wed Aug 01, 2007
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 03:09 PM
I can see definate progress in your middle splits, I'm not sure about the rest!
I feel that me and you are quite similar in terms of flexibilty levels, but I was thinking tonight (whilst in the middle of the stretching regime :P) that having only just started stretching every night, I dont want to have been doing it wrong and end up in what you say is your position and have not improved much (although i still say the middle splits has improved).

Good luck to you my friend! I really do think the key thing is to just keep doing it :\ unfortunately.

LLD

P.S you have a lovely living room!!
By MisterMistermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1063, member since Sat Apr 10, 2004
On Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:31 PM
veganwarrior wrote:

I think so. Do you mean I'm facing the wall and someone is pushing me?

Yes, or you push yourself. Both is possible
On Fri Jul 24, 2009 09:33 AM
Okay, thank you. I tried it last night. It is a lot easier than holding myself up from the floor.
On Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 AM
That is good. I am glad, that it helps you! If you need any more tips, please tell me.

MisterMister
By daNiellex Comments: 828, member since Wed Aug 05, 2009
On Thu Aug 13, 2009 08:19 AM
welldone!
i would say youve made some progress,
although your not fully in your forward splits, your doing great because your hips are facing forwrad instead of to the side, when i do the splits my hipd sometimes to to the side.
x
By luvxx2xxdancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1174, member since Thu Mar 05, 2009
On Sun Sep 13, 2009 02:22 PM
Those look good, but I see that your not all the way down in you side splits... so I wouldn't try do it on a chair because you could hurt yourself!! =]
On Wed Sep 16, 2009 03:41 PM
^Okay, thank you. I haven't done a middle split on a chair in awhile, but I won't until I'm a lot closer. I mostly do them against the wall now.
By Rebecca96member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 933, member since Tue Sep 09, 2008
On Sat Sep 19, 2009 02:34 PM
I think you have made progress.
By darklove Comments: 26, member since Sat Sep 12, 2009
On Sun Oct 04, 2009 07:34 PM
Please please do not strecth your middle splits that way. I got a small knee injuiry doing that so I wouldn't recommend it.

I would try the strech MisterMister suggested or these two:

1. Lay on the floor with your legs up against a wall. Turn your feet out and slowly lower them until you feel the strech. Relax and lie there for 30 seconds. Then make a couple of circles with your ankles to get the blood flowing and use your hands (not your inner thights) to press the legs further down. Then do 30 more seconds and repeat. When you are done use your inner thights muscles to pull your legs together.

2. Lay on the floor with your legs bent 90 degrees and your upper body a little away from the wall. Use your hands to press the legs away fro each other and closer to the floor. When you are done use your inner thights muscles to pull your legs together.

These stretches does not stretch all of the same muscles so be sure to do both;) If anyone have questions about the last two (I might be terrible at explaining) just ask.
Good luck.
By darklove Comments: 26, member since Sat Sep 12, 2009
On Sun Oct 04, 2009 07:35 PM
Please please do not strecth your middle splits that way. I got a small knee injuiry doing that so I wouldn't recommend it.

I would try the strech MisterMister suggested or these two:

1. Lay on the floor with your legs up against a wall. Turn your feet out and slowly lower them until you feel the strech. Relax and lie there for 30 seconds. Then make a couple of circles with your ankles to get the blood flowing and use your hands (not your inner thights) to press the legs further down. Then do 30 more seconds and repeat. When you are done use your inner thights muscles to pull your legs together.

2. Lay on the floor with your legs bent 90 degrees and your upper body a little away from the wall. Use your hands to press the legs away fro each other and closer to the floor. When you are done use your inner thights muscles to pull your legs together.

These stretches does not stretch all of the same muscles so be sure to do both;) If anyone have questions about the last two (I might be terrible at explaining) just ask.
Good luck.
By Tazzerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 225, member since Sat Mar 04, 2006
On Mon Nov 02, 2009 03:35 PM
Your side splits and front bend are looking awesome! But I'm gonna have to agree with darklove on this one. Pleaaassee be careful stretching that middle split. If you're gonna do it that way, make sure your knees are facing up so you're not putting so much pressure on the sides. They look a little tweaked in that last picture already. I'd recommend stretching them on the ground and against the wall until you're a bit closer before trying to go down the middle like that. Good work though! :)
By HollydancerX Comments: 182, member since Mon Feb 23, 2009
On Thu Nov 12, 2009 03:41 PM
Hi Darling x x x

Firstly don't stop beileving and try stretch not just before you go to bed because it will ot make a lot of difference. x

try kicking your legs and warming them up before going down into splits. REMEBER keep your back straight when going down to any splits if you find this hard try stenghting your upper body core.

Hope it helps and your coming on very nicely x x x
On Sat Nov 14, 2009 07:05 AM
Okay I have some new pictures of me stretching. Thank you all for your advice.
On Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:02 AM
These new ones are really beautiful!

MisterMister
By HollydancerX Comments: 182, member since Mon Feb 23, 2009
On Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:32 PM
WOW WEE the new ones are amazing u are soo much better with doing it over a chair. I love the last one! Try to do a back catch now and then you will be perfect! Let us all see how your backcatch is coming along

Good Stretching.

Holly
Age 12 x x x
By Ladanse Comments: 330, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Tue Jan 19, 2010 04:30 AM
The newest ones are looking good! I'm jealous of your back flexibility, I get light headed so easily when trying to stretch me back :( :(

And what a cute little dog you have!!! :D
By MelFoleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1065, member since Sun Jul 19, 2009
On Sun Mar 14, 2010 04:13 AM
yeah! :) keep up the good work!
i'll all pay off :]
xxxx
By sugarfairy_member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1529, member since Sat Feb 09, 2008
On Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 AM
i really like the third one from your beginning post. it shows such a perfect posture! you're not trying to go further down than you can, but keeping a perfectly straight back, and this looks so good!

ReplySendWatch