Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

Tap - Competitions
St. Louis Tap Festival 2009
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1689, member since Sun Oct 14, 2007
On Tue Jul 28, 2009 09:51 AM

Hey guys! I'm having a blast at SLTF, taking classes from some of my favorite teachers. Anyone else here/planning to go next year? PM me if you are!

So far classes have gone really well. I'm taking from Robin Reed, Avi and Ofer (when they get here), Bril Barret, Ardie Bryant, and Prof. Robert Reed. No injuries or illness or anyhting else of that ilk yet, so things are going good ;)

7 Replies to St. Louis Tap Festival 2009

re: St. Louis Tap Festival 2009
By Tapdanzer Comments: 437, member since Mon Aug 25, 2003
On Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:40 AM
I am SO jealous right now. I was planning on going this year but got way too tied down to go. Next year I am definitely going. Enjoy your time down there!
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1689, member since Sun Oct 14, 2007
On Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:04 PM
You should definitely come, even if only for a day or two! The biggest piece of advice I could give you is to come at teh beginning of the week if you don't stay the whole week. Even if it isn't a repertory class, it will definitely be building on things done earlier in the week, so it can be REALLY hard to catch up. Hope to see you htere next year!
By Tapdanzer Comments: 437, member since Mon Aug 25, 2003
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 08:57 AM
I'm all the way in Canada so if I come... I'm coming for the whole week! Just reading this post again I'm re-jealous... How was it? I LOVE Bril Barret. I used to be in the Canadian sister company to MADD RHYTHMS and he was very close with the director and whenever he was in town he'd come teach a class. He even set a piece on us and came down and performed it in our show along with Jumaane and Tre. I always find him so inspiring and he's just a genuinely nice guy!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 09:33 AM
I am really really really hoping I can go next year. I couldn't with my son's baseball schedule this year, but my husband promised next summer I can do what I want. YIPEE!
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 01:35 PM
It was totally awesome. I love Bril's class. We learned new MADD Rhythms choreo that he sort of tested out on us. It was super amazing and hard. And I did tap jam for the first time ever, which is kind of a big deal for me since I HATE stuff like that, but it was mostly me and Hoofers, so no big, not like it has been some years where its like Dormeshia and Bril and Robert Reed III and all the MADD Rhythms people and Logan and extremely intimidating. You guys should both definitely come next year if you can, it is so much fun and I've gotten more out of it than I have from any other dance workshop ever.
By wralwaysdancing Comments: 31, member since Sat Sep 26, 2009
On Sun Oct 04, 2009 09:52 AM
Cool for you...wish I could have gone....didn't work out maybe next year
By irene40000 Comments: 109, member since Wed May 30, 2007
On Thu Oct 08, 2009 06:54 AM
i went this year with my dance company. we only came for the last day though so we didnt get to go to too many classes however i did take flamenco and irish for the first time and they are really awesome. i also loved tap class with robert reed. he is amazing. i hope we go again soon!

ReplySendWatch