Forum: General

Page:
Page 2 of 4: 1 2 3 4
re: Jazz Syllabus
By teachtap
On Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:56 PM
Please add me to your list as I've been teaching for 40 years can inmput & give ideas of Jazz or other dance syllabus material that I've been using. I do attend conventions/workshops early to stay up to date & fresh. Thanks in advance....send it to charlets@verizon.net
By cbdance15
On Fri Aug 07, 2009 01:49 PM
Wow! I love that I found this post because I am sitting here working on my syllabus right now. I would love to see what you have turtletoshoe and would be more than happy to exchange ideas, etc... email: info@evolution-dance.com Thank you!!!
By turtletoeshoe
On Fri Aug 07, 2009 01:52 PM
So I have now sent out a lot of emails and am not seeing very much response. I would like to add more content to the syllabus to make it more cohesive and comprehensive, so if we could get thoughts collected in the next few days that would be awesomely great (I totally understand though if you are going crazy and cant fit it into that time frame, your imput is still valued).

jaimedanse- if I could get a copy of the syllabi that you listed above, that would be sooo awesomeness too! You can reply to the email I sent you or let me know if you need me to give it to you!

Thanks everyone!
By MarisaK
On Fri Aug 07, 2009 02:57 PM
Tutrleshoe:

I received your syllabus and have been looking over it. I have been TOTALLY swamped this week (in a good way- lots of students starting to register), but I am definitely planning on adding my input to the jazz list and also sending you a totally rough ballet syllabus I have as well. Within the next week you should get my response. Sorry for the delay!!
By driessv
On Fri Aug 07, 2009 03:33 PM
I was wondering if you could include me for reviewing your Jazz syllabus, I am in a similar situation and would like to start getting more organized myself. I would love to review your version and comment to it.

Also if you have/get one for ballet that could be looked at as well that would be great too.

staceydries@gmail.com
By teacher4life
On Sun Aug 09, 2009 04:03 PM
Ok, here's my take on the steps for each level, it does not include many of the "trick" steps, just more basic stuff. I know some of these steps seem to be introduced later than usual, but it's worked for us. We do tricks as well in the advanced levels, I just haven't listed them since so many people use different names for things. This is what we do in class, our choreography would contain a bit more style than this.

Junior/Beginner:
marches,
skips,
side galops,
chasses,
side chasses,
side chasse ball change,
step hop in parallel retire,
rock (inverted lunge),
chaine rock,
rock full back turn (en plie),
sautes in parallel 1st and 2nd,
chaine inverted side chasse,
jazz walk (legs very crossed, both en plie, front heel down, back heel popped),
basic walking or running pas de bouree,
single en dehors pirouette

Intermediate:
step kicks front, side, back (grand battement and developpe),
drag cross single/double chaine,
step hop in retire with bottom leg tucked,
pirouette en dehors, step and immediately do a pirouette en dehors on the other leg,
double, triple en dehors pirouette
step hop in arabesque,
step hop in arabesque with bottom leg tucked (like a stag jump),
sinlge, double soutenu turn en dehors
grand battement devant with demi lay-back,
step hop in retire with a full inside turn en l’air (could also be done with attitude devant),
step hop with leg a la seconde,

Advanced:
pose (pique) turns,
grand jetes en avant,
turning grand jete en avant,
swtich split,
Russian (side jete)
switch Russian,
double and triple en dedans pirouette, paralell retire and turned out,
saut de basque, with or without split,
releve pirouette in attitude devant/derriere or in arabesque, en dedans and en dehors,
stag turns,
Calypso jump (double attitude),
hop renverse (saute with a fan kick opening to the side while rotating en l’air),
fouettes,
hop renverse into fouettes,
hop renverse with a tuck,
turning jete with back attitude,
turning switch split,
turning switch Russian,

Hope that helps you all!!
By Ahusk89
On Sun Aug 09, 2009 05:28 PM
I'd like to help. Ahusk89@aol.com
I have one from an old instructor of mine. I can compare the two.
This is such a good idea!~
By misskris1489
On Sun Aug 09, 2009 09:40 PM
I would love to help out! I have made a detailed jazz syllabus for my 5 year old combo classes that I can integrate/share!! I have been researching to expand it to my other older classes as well!
Thanks for the great sharing idea!
misskris@shaw.ca
By kdrice13
On Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:37 AM
I have been trying to get a syllabus together for a few years now. I would love to compare notes with any of you! My email is kdrice13@yahoo.com.

Kristen
By lishalou
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 08:45 PM
can I have a copy asell1@cox.net
By lishalou
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 08:46 PM
can I have a copy asell1@cox.net? I'm a new teacher and just starting out getting my ideas together and could really use some help! thanks in advance!
By Danz5678Premium member
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 08:50 PM
I would love to have a copy of the jazz syllabi as well. I am also looking for a ballet, tap, and modern syllabus. I have a syllabus that I am working on and I would be willing to share it. My email address is valerie_8822@yahoo.com. Thanks.
By californiadancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 12, 2009 09:46 PM
This is an awesome idea and I would love to see what you have and share my input katharinesdance@hotmail.com
By dmvankessel
On Mon Sep 07, 2009 06:43 PM
I would love to check out anyone's syllabus if they want another set of eyes. I am also looking to get some new stuff together. I look forward to it:

dmvankessel@hotmail.com
By MissMerry
On Mon Sep 07, 2009 07:15 PM
Add me too!

MissMerry@justdancecompany.com

JaimeDanse I would love to see your stuff also.

At the moment I am also working on a syllabus for everything.

Miss Merry
By fdarocks
On Wed Sep 09, 2009 03:47 PM
this sounds so wonderful! Can you send me a copy please katelynnekillen@msn.com
By dancergal2Premium member
On Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:18 PM
We have a jazz syllabus based on ages 3 up to Advanced. I'm looking at updating ours a bit though to add a bit more technicality to the intermediate and advanced levels. Would love to see yours and compare notes. Id be happy to email you the kind of things ours has too.

My email is amesi@hotmail.com
By turtletoeshoe
On Thu Sep 10, 2009 02:23 AM
Alrighty, I have just sent out a new and improved copy of the Jazz Syllabus that I have been working on to everyone who has requested it so far. For all you original requesters, I am still sending you the new copy too. It is still in the works and is obvious that it is still in the works (with probable typos and quite possibly some repetitive content), but there you go!

If you could Please Please Please send some feedback my way (if you havent done so already) that would be mighty helpful!!

Thanks!
By cmedanz
On Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:13 AM
Could you pleasr send me a copy too. sfruci@nycap.rr.com
By luv2dance5678
On Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:23 PM
I would love to help out. This is a great idea and an outstanding networking aide for teachers. I started working on a syllabus myself this year, and would love to see what everyone has and hope I can add some things that will be helpful :)
my e-mail is fredericktowndanceacademy@gmail.com
By SpringsDance
On Tue Sep 22, 2009 01:27 PM
working on the same myself.. would love to give/recieve input

thanks!
info@fountainartscenter.com
By vegandancernc
On Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:31 AM
I would love to get in on this syllabus band wagon with you! I can definitely give some feedback as well....shauna.godwin@gmail.com
By dancer_tex_82
On Thu Sep 24, 2009 05:34 PM
could I get a copy also? awiggins21@yahoo.com
By LMR530
On Thu Sep 24, 2009 09:44 PM
hello hello, jumping on board here and think i could probably add some content/comments. feel free to email me what you have so far to LMR530@teachers.org
By Eringrace
On Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:30 PM
I would love to see this as well if it is not too much trouble.
Erinlevenson@gmail.com
Page:
Page 2 of 4: 1 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch