Forum: General / Modern / Modern Photos - Members

Modern Photos - Members
Horton hears a Hoo
By theabearmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 343, member since Tue Sep 28, 2004
On Fri Jul 31, 2009 09:29 PM

Hi everybody,
The boyfriend took these after a show I was in, I was really exhausted but kind of amped up too so I was showing him the things we do in Horton class.

The first two stags I was playing with arabesque arms, because it turns out I have some big holes in my ballet technique as far as arms and head are concerned... I guess these are 2nd arabesque arms but if it were a real proper 2nd arabesque I'd be looking right at you, I learned.

Then we do a bunch of flatbacks! to plie, to releve, to low diagonals, the hamstrings love it! And a pelvic pressss, and hinges. And a nice lateral T. My upper arm should be more on the perpendicular line but at least my head isn't all cocked looking up like 'huh?'

Enjoy, comment if you like.

~Thea

2 Replies to Horton hears a Hoo

re: Horton hears a Hoo
By jb_dancer_chicamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1645, member since Thu Jun 19, 2003
On Tue Aug 11, 2009 02:21 PM
Yay for Horton. Nice work and you have really good lines coming along! I love how Horton works your whole body especially your hamstrings and your core.
re: Horton hears a Hoo
By theabearmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 343, member since Tue Sep 28, 2004
On Thu Aug 13, 2009 05:32 AM
Thank you! I like that Horton has a manual, and that my body just picks the physical vocabulary right up like a snap. If dance techniques were verbal languages I think Horton would be Spanish--Ballet would be mandarin Chinese!

ReplySendWatch