Poll: General / Tap / Tap

What is your favorite tap step?
By dancegirl300member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 AM

I love all of these tap steps, but I was wondering how popular they were. I was also wondering if people called some of these steps differently than I do. If you call them a different thing please post here. Thank You.

14 Replies to What is your favorite tap step?

re: What is your favorite tap step?
By blochpointesalltmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:07 PM
See, I don't favor something like a shuffle over a flap. I can tell you I like syncopated pullbacks to a toestand better than 5 sound wings though. I guess, out of this list, following the three identical sentences and a break definition, my favorite is a time step because it can be ANYTHING.
By DancerTonitePremium member
On Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:55 AM
The only reason that I answered with drawbacks is because I find myself doing them all the time in everyday life. Like in the grocery store, in the driveway, in the office, etc. It is an addicting step and so much fun to do fast. It always impresses people too....those that don't know much about tap.
By theresemarie
On Sat Sep 05, 2009 08:08 AM
I like drawbacks. I like singles and doubles. I also like single and double Cinncinatis. They are drawbacks with a shuffle.
By ilovedancex
On Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:36 AM
I love all these steps but I do shuffles all the time...the other day I was in Tescos and i started shuffle springing down the aisles
Love Georgia xx
By tapdanceislife
On Fri Jun 04, 2010 08:46 PM
I'm in love with double drawbacks! Favorite movie of all time next to standing briefly on your toes (no idea what that is called...)
By WallStreetWoes
On Mon Mar 26, 2012 07:57 AM
DancerTonite wrote:

The only reason that I answered with drawbacks is because I find myself doing them all the time in everyday life. Like in the grocery store, in the driveway, in the office, etc.

SAME. The aisles of costco are the best.
By unninvitedgrace
On Sun May 20, 2012 09:39 PM
Its so hard to choose. Riffles are definatley my fav, I always do them when I get bored. I love me some paradiddles and riffs.
By Lisa05
On Thu Jun 21, 2012 07:14 PM
Favorite elevator step: Paradiddles!
By dancer7210
On Wed Aug 29, 2012 06:02 PM
Riffles? my dance studio calls them something else
By Alassin_Sanemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 30, 2012 09:10 AM
I'm not sure what everything on the list is, perhaps we call them something different? I've noticed American dancers seems to have different terminology to what my UK based studio uses. :)

I love my timesteps, if I have no time for a proper practice session I like to run through a few quick timesteps.
By cwillams
On Fri Aug 31, 2012 03:37 PM
I would have to say time steps. I especially like tripple wing time steps. Just like the sound of them. We don't use them in choreography, so I look frward to practicing them in class.
By TapperinTenn
On Mon Jan 07, 2013 06:49 AM
Drawbacks are so much fun to do because of the sounds that are made when I go faster. : )
By CQY
On Sat Feb 23, 2013 06:30 PM
I love barrel turns. Teaching them is a little iffy if you have dancers that don't spot.
By SarahRodak
On Sun Mar 10, 2013 04:11 AM
I love this combination of riff and draw back:
riff-heel draw-heel toe-draw-heel
the rhythm is 7 beats and it alternates feet so you just keep going and going like the energizer bunny!

ReplySendWatch