Forum: Irish / Good Luck, Congratulations, Thank You

Good Luck at The great Lakes feis!!!
By ceiliqueen23member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Aug 14, 2009 01:50 PM

Good Luck to all the Dancers going to Great lakes Feis this weekend (ecspecially Ardan Academy Dancers ;) )

8 Replies to Good Luck at The great Lakes feis!!!

re: Good Luck at The great Lakes feis!!!
By Cinnawiz
On Fri Aug 14, 2009 07:58 PM
Thanks! You too! :D
By IrishHollymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Aug 17, 2009 09:51 PM
Hey, Ceiliqueen, it was nice to meet you at the feis! How did you do?
By ThunderDreamermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:21 PM
Speaking of how everyone did, Irishholly, I forgot to ask how your music comp went???!!!
On Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:47 PM
Well, I got 2nd...out of 1? The volunteer running it was trying to explain how that happened (something about combining all the misc. woodwinds together, since we were all the only one in each of our competitions), but I'm not sure if that means that I got 2nd out of all the woodwinds, or out of how many people. Its very complicated. I got 97/100 points, and some very nice compliments on my comment sheet, so I was happy. Its a heck of a lot better than I expected, since that clarinet hasn't seen daylight in a decade. :)

So, I know you did really well in the dance (treble jig?) that you had thought you got disqualified in...I don't think we heard about most of your other dances.

BTW...congratulations to Cinnawiz, this years co-winner of the James Murphy Memorial Adult Perpetual Trophy!
By oooshinymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:55 PM
Woo! Yay Cinnawiz!
And Holly, you looked soo different with the dark wig & fringe! Well, obviously... I didn't even recognize you at first! It looks great though. Good choice :)
I ended up placing 1st in my reel, so yay! Half-way to Prelims :)
On Tue Aug 18, 2009 09:54 AM
^Wooo!! Congratulations, Christie! That's so exciting! :D I think I saw part of your treble reel towards the end of the day? We were on the other side of the curtain and couldn't see much, but I think it was you.
I had a lot of people laughing about my wig. I hadn't told my mom beforehand that I was going as a brunette, and so she kept cracking up every time she looked over at me while we were driving to the feis. :D
By stepdancer2010
On Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:50 AM
I danced with some other DDNers in U17 PC, and overall, I ended up with 5th.
By ceiliqueen23member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 AM
it was good meeting you to irish holly and cinnawiz congrats to cinawiz on her co-win in the adult trophy way to go. I got second in my jig and third in my reel so i was satisfied my only disapointment was we were to have 5 in our comp but one didnt't show up so those medals would have been able to move me up. oh well next time.

ReplySendWatch