Popular Ballet

Audition Pictures by PointeStudent
Soon it's going to be time to take audition pictures for SI. Is there any place to take good quality dance pictures around the Philly/NJ area? For not too expensive.

Forum: Irish / Irish - Dressmakers & Costumers

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Patterns you can use for Solo Dresses, Riverdance Style dresses and Boys outfits en>fr fr>en
By Pru Comments: 91, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:25 PM
I really like Jalie 2791 and have wanted to make it up for a team (with a different skirt). The faux dropped shoulder look is OK for compettion though isn't it? Would it be less "confronting" if the skin tone fabric was black mesh (with a suitable coloured dress)?
re: Patterns you can use for Solo Dresses, Riverdance Style dresses and Boys outfits en>fr fr>en
By Snaqueb Comments: 893, member since Thu Apr 24, 2003
On Fri Aug 20, 2010 05:58 PM
Is there a pattern out there for a 3 tiered soft skirt dress?
By rosalinde Comments: 1769, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Sun Dec 26, 2010 07:20 AM
I just made a tutorial how to draw your own skirts. www.dance.net . . .

You can use this to make your own three tiers.
By riverdancer92 Comments: 1, member since Wed Apr 20, 2011
On Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:03 PM
Here's another really great pattern: www.ameliacook.com . . .
By irishdancemama Comments: 63, member since Wed Jun 08, 2011
On Wed Jun 08, 2011 07:15 PM
thanks for sharing this! I have wondered where people find patterns, as I am considering making my daughter's dress. This provides me with a lot of information, and patterns. Now if only I could get the courage to try making one!
On Thu Jun 16, 2011 07:17 AM
It's a great project. Just make a mock-up of the pieces that need proper fit (bodice etc) and take your time.
By DanzaIrlandesamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 104, member since Sun May 29, 2011
On Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:10 AM
riverdancer92 wrote:

Here's another really great pattern: www.ameliacook.com . . .

do you know anyone who has actually bought the dress from her?
I am interested but I'm scared because I see its a photography website (not other costumes or dresses). And It's kind of princy ($40) for taking risks.

I am interested in a pdf pattern since I live so far away and its hard to get mail delivery. I was thinking of getting Burda 3274 in www.printsew.com ($5.60) . But a solo style looks more buyable hehe.
By lovinID Comments: 26, member since Mon Apr 11, 2011
On Tue Oct 11, 2011 01:39 PM
I've been making my daughters dresses so this advice is helpful... the only part of a pattern I use is for the bodice, there's not much help out there for the skirts.
By DanzaIrlandesamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 104, member since Sun May 29, 2011
On Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 AM
here there is a free pattern for mini bloomers,awesomely cute...!

www.coletterie.com . . .
By DitzyDM Comments: 3, member since Sun May 13, 2012
On Sun May 13, 2012 12:28 PM
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has so generously contributed to this thread.

DD has just this year started ID and is wanting a dress and the information is so useful.
By DitzyDM Comments: 3, member since Sun May 13, 2012
On Sun May 20, 2012 06:46 AM
I came across this pattern images.patternreview.com . . .

I wondered what people's opinions on it were - I realise that the neckline will need to be made higher but that shouldn't be too difficult - or am I kidding myself? :)
On Mon Jun 04, 2012 03:44 AM
^ I'm thinking that it would work for a show dress, but not for a solo. The waist, though pointed, seems to be at natural level which makes it too high, and the skirt is gathered.

But for a show dress anything goes, so why not?
By dancer_girl4192 Comments: 37, member since Tue Apr 09, 2013
On Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:52 AM
This is really cool! Thanks for posting this and making it so detailed! I am trying really hard to make my daughter a costume for her performances, but I didn't have much guidance. This is definately sticky worthy!
By marie26 Comments: 20, member since Tue May 14, 2013
On Wed May 22, 2013 05:03 PM
Thank you so much for this!! I'm making recital costumes and this is just perfect!
By tinydancer1988 Comments: 71, member since Mon Oct 21, 2013
On Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:24 PM
Has anyone come up with anything good for the more modern style, championship level dropped waist, soft-but-stiff (to the sides) skirt, etc? I tried coming up with something on my own, and I made a dress, but it looks... lacking. It's seriously kind of half-assed, and I really could use a better pattern to work off of.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch