Popular Highland

Canmore results August 31st? by Highland_Toes
Anyone have any results from Canmore from this past Sunday? Thanks in advance!

Forum: Irish / Irish - Dressmakers & Costumers

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Patterns you can use for Solo Dresses, Riverdance Style dresses and Boys outfits en>fr fr>en
By Pru Comments: 91, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:25 PM
I really like Jalie 2791 and have wanted to make it up for a team (with a different skirt). The faux dropped shoulder look is OK for compettion though isn't it? Would it be less "confronting" if the skin tone fabric was black mesh (with a suitable coloured dress)?
re: Patterns you can use for Solo Dresses, Riverdance Style dresses and Boys outfits en>fr fr>en
By Snaqueb Comments: 893, member since Thu Apr 24, 2003
On Fri Aug 20, 2010 05:58 PM
Is there a pattern out there for a 3 tiered soft skirt dress?
By rosalinde Comments: 1769, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Sun Dec 26, 2010 07:20 AM
I just made a tutorial how to draw your own skirts. www.dance.net . . .

You can use this to make your own three tiers.
By riverdancer92 Comments: 1, member since Wed Apr 20, 2011
On Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:03 PM
Here's another really great pattern: www.ameliacook.com . . .
By irishdancemama Comments: 63, member since Wed Jun 08, 2011
On Wed Jun 08, 2011 07:15 PM
thanks for sharing this! I have wondered where people find patterns, as I am considering making my daughter's dress. This provides me with a lot of information, and patterns. Now if only I could get the courage to try making one!
On Thu Jun 16, 2011 07:17 AM
It's a great project. Just make a mock-up of the pieces that need proper fit (bodice etc) and take your time.
By DanzaIrlandesamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 104, member since Sun May 29, 2011
On Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:10 AM
riverdancer92 wrote:

Here's another really great pattern: www.ameliacook.com . . .

do you know anyone who has actually bought the dress from her?
I am interested but I'm scared because I see its a photography website (not other costumes or dresses). And It's kind of princy ($40) for taking risks.

I am interested in a pdf pattern since I live so far away and its hard to get mail delivery. I was thinking of getting Burda 3274 in www.printsew.com ($5.60) . But a solo style looks more buyable hehe.
By lovinID Comments: 26, member since Mon Apr 11, 2011
On Tue Oct 11, 2011 01:39 PM
I've been making my daughters dresses so this advice is helpful... the only part of a pattern I use is for the bodice, there's not much help out there for the skirts.
By DanzaIrlandesamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 104, member since Sun May 29, 2011
On Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 AM
here there is a free pattern for mini bloomers,awesomely cute...!

www.coletterie.com . . .
By DitzyDM Comments: 3, member since Sun May 13, 2012
On Sun May 13, 2012 12:28 PM
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has so generously contributed to this thread.

DD has just this year started ID and is wanting a dress and the information is so useful.
By DitzyDM Comments: 3, member since Sun May 13, 2012
On Sun May 20, 2012 06:46 AM
I came across this pattern images.patternreview.com . . .

I wondered what people's opinions on it were - I realise that the neckline will need to be made higher but that shouldn't be too difficult - or am I kidding myself? :)
On Mon Jun 04, 2012 03:44 AM
^ I'm thinking that it would work for a show dress, but not for a solo. The waist, though pointed, seems to be at natural level which makes it too high, and the skirt is gathered.

But for a show dress anything goes, so why not?
By dancer_girl4192 Comments: 37, member since Tue Apr 09, 2013
On Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:52 AM
This is really cool! Thanks for posting this and making it so detailed! I am trying really hard to make my daughter a costume for her performances, but I didn't have much guidance. This is definately sticky worthy!
By marie26 Comments: 20, member since Tue May 14, 2013
On Wed May 22, 2013 05:03 PM
Thank you so much for this!! I'm making recital costumes and this is just perfect!
By tinydancer1988 Comments: 71, member since Mon Oct 21, 2013
On Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:24 PM
Has anyone come up with anything good for the more modern style, championship level dropped waist, soft-but-stiff (to the sides) skirt, etc? I tried coming up with something on my own, and I made a dress, but it looks... lacking. It's seriously kind of half-assed, and I really could use a better pattern to work off of.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch