Poll: Advice / Pilates/Yoga

Can Pilates help to define your hips/thighs so that they look smaller????
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Aug 19, 2009 03:51 PM

Thank you all for voting. I am wondering this because my hips and thighs are huge. For those who have seen my pictures you can see what I am talking about. I have three different layers...

The outer thighs go poof outward then get smaller around my hips... then get even smaller around my waist.

It's so frustrating having 3 different dimensions and I am wanting to try something so that I don't have such dramatic dimensions.

Thank you kindly for voting and giving your input.

1 Replies to Can Pilates help to define your hips/thighs so that they look smaller????

re: Can Pilates help to define your hips/thighs so that they look smaller????
By emmaleex99
On Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:58 PM
Well, it depends what you mean by define.

You can't just work out the muscles in one area and lose weight in that area, so if it's a little extra baggage, you'd have to combine pilates with a healthy diet, but yes, the pilates would help you lose a bit of weight.

You can't really do much to make your muscles look smaller by working out, so if it's muscle mass making you look the way you do, you're out of luck there...

And if it's just your bone structure, again, no luck. If you have some extra baggage you can lose that little bit, but the bones will still be there. (And if that's the case, I'm totally with you! My hips are pretty wide and I just can't do anything about it. Lol)

Hope this helps - and remember, no matter what shape you come in, you're still beautiful :]

ReplySendWatch