Forum: General / Travel - Photos

Travel - Photos
Back from SICILY!
By dancer_all_daymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2326, member since Thu Feb 12, 2004
On Fri Aug 21, 2009 05:38 PM
Edited by dancer_all_day (84410) on 2009-08-21 18:13:07

Hey guys! I went to Sicily for a month to visit family. I was there for all of July and the first week of August. I went to a ton of places! It's absolutely gorgeous there!

1) On the plane from New York to Rome. (We then took another small plane from Rome to Sicily).

2) In the town where I am from. It's a small town called Montedoro.

3) Montedoro

4) Montedoro's church, which is actually really big and very beautiful! (That is my cousin getting married, btw. One of the reasons I went there this year.)

5) At a beach in the town Pollina, which is about 1 hour and 45 minutes from Montedoro. (There was no sand, it was all rocks!)

6) The Sicilian Coast. The Northern one to be exact.

7) A famous ceramics store in a town called Santo Stefano.

8) Sicilian coast again.

9) the coast yet again.

10) another ceramics store.

3 Replies to Back from SICILY!

re: Back from SICILY!
By dancer_all_daymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2326, member since Thu Feb 12, 2004
On Fri Aug 21, 2009 05:46 PM
Edited by dancer_all_day (84410) on 2009-08-21 18:15:01
More pics!

1) Me at the most amazing beach: Cefalu'

2) Cefalu'

3) Spent the day in Palermo

4) An old Arabian palace in Palermo

5) Went to go see Rosalia Lombardo

6) Ferrari :)

7) A pretty building in Palermo

8) A very famous theater: Il Massimo

9) Palermo

10) One of the most gorgeous cathedrals in Sicily: Moreale
On Fri Aug 21, 2009 05:56 PM
and more...

1) Cathedral Moreale in Moreale. All that gold is real gold. One of the most famous Cathedrals in Sicily.

2) Forgot what town this is...

3) Beautiful view of the beach and Mediteranean ocean.

4) Montedoro's church all lit up for a famous feast they do there every summer: the feast of San Giuseppe.

5) Sunset :)

6) A cathedral in the town Modica.

7) Modica.

8) Another beautiful cathedral.

9) A gorgeous town. Forgot the name :/

10) A famous Sicilian chocolate company! :D
By Attitude1407 Comments: 1353, member since Sun Oct 07, 2007
On Fri Aug 21, 2009 07:03 PM
Wow! How exciting and what beautiful pictures!! :D Thank you for sharing them. I don't normally browse this board but I saw the thumbnails on the DDN homepage and checked it out. My heritage is 100% Italian, one-quarter Sicilian, but I think I take after the Sicilian part the most. I would LOVE to visit Italy or Sicily one day... How lucky you are! :]

ReplySendWatch