Forum: Guard / Color Guard

Flag Spin Chart (karma: 1)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:38 AM
Made sticky by imadanseur (79325) on 2009-08-25 12:56:09

Double Time is also called double fast or speed spins. And there is a lot of disagreement about Peggy Spins. I'm friends with a guy who had Peggy as an instructor, so one of these days, I'm going to ask him which version is the "official" one.

All these spins start on 8-AND so you can be in the first position by count 1.

8 Replies to Flag Spin Chart

re: Flag Spin Chart
By dancer_meggs
On Sat Sep 26, 2009 04:59 PM
dayum....that's kinda confusing...probably teaches better than me though :( I'm such a bad instructor...hmmmmmm do you have your people learn from this sheet? if it helps your nooblets it might help mine! :D
By mhastings
On Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:43 PM
Hello. I am on a flag team in West Frankfort, Illinois. Just wanted to say that our teams does double time : ) It is actually the girls' favorite move!! This chart is great for learning how to do the move correctly..

Megan
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:17 AM
Thanks Megan. If you want to spice up your doubletime, try grabbing OVER (meaning your left hand should be above your right hand) on count 3. It's fun to do, and it also adds an interesting height change that will earn you extra points from the judges.
By mhastings
On Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:10 AM
Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try at practice tonight!!
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member
On Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:38 AM
Hmm.. intriguing. Haven't tried doing this.. well have to explore.

Looks like great fun!
By corinnabee
On Sat Jan 21, 2012 02:54 AM
I think peggy spin #1 is right. Didn't Johathan Schwartz march with Peggy at Emerald Marquis?
By ethiogirl41
On Sat Mar 03, 2012 04:30 PM
Looking at this chart, I understand what they mean with hand positions and such, but I've been doing guard for 3 years now. If you are new at guard (newbie), then looking at that chart will be very confusing. If you want to learn variations of drop spins, try going on Youtube. Look up ExpertVillage: Color Guard Moves & Techniques; they will definitely be able to explain the basics better.
By corinnabee
On Wed Jun 05, 2013 04:18 AM
The first version of Peggy spins is correct but I think your hands might be wrong.

ReplySendWatch