Forum: Irish / Irish - Beginners

Does anyone know the average age of the different Irish Step Dancing levels?
By Irishdancegirl92
On Wed Sep 02, 2009 02:52 PM

I don´t know if really have in Irish dancing, average age in all levels of Irish dancing, what the right age for start for be a professional Irish dancer?i don´t want to be a professional dancer like Michael Flatley ,i´m asking this only for curiosity.
i´m started with 14 years old, i´m 15 now,is very late?

2 Replies to Does anyone know the average age of the different Irish Step Dancing levels?

re: Does anyone know the average age of the different Irish Step Dancing levels?
By ghilliegirl14
On Wed Sep 02, 2009 04:26 PM
I don't really think there are average ages for the different levels. Yes, some of it depends on your age when you start, but a girl i know has been dancing for seven years and just recently moved out of novice. Another girl has been dancing for four or so years and is in prelims. That's one of the great things about irish dance. If you work hard enough, you can achieve anything. Literally.

And plus, Micheal Flatley was 11 when he started. That's only three years younger than you, and look what he's done.
re: Does anyone know the average age of the different Irish Step Dancing levels?
By novicedancer1991member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:01 AM
Well, I could guess the average age for each level, but it'd just be a guess and so it wouldn't be very helpful.

I think that most of the dancers in Riverdance and Lord of the Dance started when they were practically babies, so starting little is an advantage, but it's not impossible for an older dancer to get that good.

ReplySendWatch