Poll: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: What colour socks do you wear for your hornpipe outfit?
By sunmom
On Tue Mar 01, 2011 08:08 PM
Navy, with my navy hornpipe!
By meagid
On Wed Mar 02, 2011 03:37 PM
Just so everyone knows... the costuming rules in the Hornpipe book state plain white or navy socks. So no sock, black socks, gray socks, etc. are not appropriate for a competition.
By Aggro2
On Thu Jun 16, 2011 01:58 AM
In New Zealand we are only allowed to wear navy or black!
By spiza
On Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:23 AM
I don't wear socks! I've never competed in the hornpipe, only performed it. I hate wearing socks over my nylons, so I just skip them. I'd go for white for competition because my hornpipe outfit is white.
By abeahm09
On Wed Sep 07, 2011 08:00 AM
Once I get a hornpipe outfit I'll probably wear white socks with it.
By SeniorLadyPremium member
On Wed Sep 07, 2011 08:16 AM
Was there not a recent amendment to the costuming rules that states that only white socks may be worn now regardless of outfit colour?
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Sep 08, 2011 02:09 AM
The SOBHD website is still saying white or navy socks. Toeandheel (sometimes a bit quicker off the mark with updates) is also showing "Plain white or navy."
By HighlandChick95
On Sat Oct 01, 2011 06:24 PM
My teacher has always told us that you where the same colour of socks that your hornpipe is. White with white and navy with navy and black socks are never worn.
By MacC3
On Sun Oct 02, 2011 08:21 AM
You may wear white or navy socks regardless of the colour of your hornpipe outfit. The 'amendement' referred to probably is in regard to the fact that the SOBHD penalty list now includes a -5 if socks are NOT worn with the hornpipe outfit. Most dancers opt for white socks because the feet are easier to see - especially with a navy outfit....but white or navy is acceptable. Black should not be worn.
By Denimac
On Sun Oct 02, 2011 02:38 PM
Great thread, my daughter has just started in competitions and not doing Hornpipe yet. Therefore, I found this very useful.

D

Comment #9740095 deleted
Removed by hummingbird (128773) on 2011-10-09 10:56:19 Quoting other members is not the way to become a full member. Make your own posts.

By animal_mad
On Mon Oct 17, 2011 02:22 PM
I wear navy blue socks with my nave hornpipe. When we do our show in the summer ( for all the tourists) I wear my blue kilt socks.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch