Forum: General / Contests - Winners

Contests - Winners
Winner of WHAT DOES DANCE MEAN TO YOU photo/video contest
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Sep 13, 2009 03:46 PM
Edited by panic (116436) on 2009-09-13 15:47:45 oops.

Wow, I had such a hard time picking favorites. I really loved all the entries. And sorry it took me so long to post this - one of my computers died, and I'm still recovering. But here are the winners...

1st place - Sumayah
I just love your pic. I want to print it out, frame it, and hang it on my wall.

2nd place - Tiny_dancer1
Your "dance is what makes me insane" picture really made me laugh. And I can definitely relate.

3rd place - oz_helen
Looking at your pictures just made me happy.

Thanks to everyone who entered. I really enjoyed them all. Here's a link to the original contest www.dance.net . . .

6 Replies to Winner of WHAT DOES DANCE MEAN TO YOU photo/video contest

re: Winner of WHAT DOES DANCE MEAN TO YOU photo/video contest
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sun Sep 13, 2009 03:56 PM
:D Feel free to print it and hang it if you like. Here's a little background, entitled "In the Night and Blue," it was a piece I choreographed for me and one of my best friends back in 1998? 1999? to music by Sonny Boy Williamson. I was exploring ballet technique on a jazzy foundation with some lazy, break your heart blues to mix things up. I'm the base of the plateau, and my friend is standing on me in pointe shoes on top of a slippery dress. It was awesome, one of my favorite dances I've choreographed. I just wish the lighting tech had held the lights like 10 seconds longer before the full fade out, but on the other hand, I wouldn't have gotten such a cool pic. ;)
By ifinance Comments: 2275, member since Mon Jun 26, 2006
On Sun Sep 13, 2009 04:00 PM
Can anyone see the entries? If so, can you direct me where to view them?
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Sep 13, 2009 04:14 PM
you can see the entries here www.dance.net . . .
By ifinance Comments: 2275, member since Mon Jun 26, 2006
On Sun Sep 13, 2009 05:23 PM
Thanks, panic. I really enjoyed looking at those. We have some very creative and fun people here on DDN.
By tiny_dancer1member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1682, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Tue Sep 15, 2009 06:32 AM
Whooo, Second place! Thanks panic, loved the contest :)

tiny
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Wed Oct 07, 2009 06:11 AM
Oh! I've been slack and hadn't checked back! Yay for third place!

Helen

ReplySendWatch