Forum: Advice / Pilates/Yoga

don't you love it when you get killed in pilates?
By dancin_til_death
On Wed Sep 16, 2009 03:36 AM

My boy thinks I'm insane but I love the feeling pain of muscles after a killing pilates class. Extra kudos if I can still feel it in the morning. A friend of mine recommended this new place, and I was a bit sceptical because a lot classes I find don't work me as much as I would like, or I have to add on the "advanced version". This place is amazing though I haven't come out of one of these classes without a serious ab/but/back/arm kicking, and I love it.

Anyone else as sadistic as I am?

5 Replies to don't you love it when you get killed in pilates?

re: don't you love it when you get killed in pilates?
By veganwarriormember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Sep 16, 2009 03:38 PM
I know. If I don't hurt the next day something is wrong with me. I have this one teacher and her classes are all about strength. I hate them, because I'm more flexible than I am strong. But I take all of the classes she teaches.
My way to tell if it is a good class is if I start hating the teacher in the middle of it.
By MJeanette
On Wed Sep 16, 2009 05:14 PM
I know exactly what you mean. There's a difference between the kind of pain you get from an injury and the kind of soreness you get from working really hard, and I like it when I'm sore from a hard class (Whether is pilates or ballet. I get sore from ballet a lot more often) And I like the feeling of being totally exhausted from a hard class, even though I hate the feeling of just being tired for no reason.
By boleyngrrl
On Thu Sep 17, 2009 08:41 AM
YES. :D I love the feeling of being physically exhausted from a workout, and if I'm sore for more then five minutes after I finish the particular excersize then I'm PSYCHED!!!!! :D I know its crazy but I feel like I actually get something out of the workout when I'm sore, because when I don't I just feel like it was a waste of time.
By dancin_til_death
On Thu Sep 17, 2009 05:35 PM
I know what you mean about not liking the instructor half way through. Though my thought process usually goes "well I didn't want to be as toned as you anyway!"

I'm finding this new place good because the instructors change. Each instructor tends to put a bit more emphasis on different areas like more of an arm work out then ab, the variety's good.
By reel_in_firstmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Sep 22, 2009 03:14 PM
Yup! It's a good feeling :D
And in the morning my stomach is always magically flat...Seriously, what could be better?

ReplySendWatch