Forum: General / Success Stories

Success Stories
I lost 15 pounds so far! BooYah!
By dangslowmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3641, member since Mon Jul 07, 2003
On Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:46 AM

On June 1st I decided to quit being a fatass. When I quit clogging I gained about 30 pounds. I'm too fat to start clogging again right now, so I started walking and practicing portion control and so far I have lost 15 pounds! It was actually pretty easy. The greatest anxiety I experience is when I load my plate for dinner I only take about half what I used to take. It seems like I need to get more food while I can, and I find it difficult to walk away with room on my plate. I have had lots of setbacks, but the general trend has been headed in the right way. These next three months will be tough, but I hope to be a fit 160 by next June. Right now at 180 pounds I'm ahead of schedule!

7 Replies to I lost 15 pounds so far! BooYah!

re: I lost 15 pounds so far! BooYah!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Sep 20, 2009 06:32 PM
So are you gonna start clogging again when you reach your goal weight?!

I'm doing the same thing right now. My mom and I were talking about weight, and working out, and all that stuff, and she went "After you had James, you looked great. You didn't look like you'd had a baby at all." and I went "Oof...", so now I'm up at the gym in my sub as often is I can get there (I shoot for five days a week. It ends up being more like three or four). I'm hoping to drop a clothing size by my grandpas birthday party the end of October. But right now I'm kind of stuck. lol!
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Sun Sep 20, 2009 08:35 PM
I'm in the same boat. When I quit teaching a few years ago, I gained about 20 pounds. Now I've lost 10, with 10 more to go.

FU old age!!
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Sun Sep 20, 2009 09:16 PM
Congrats dangslow! Weight loss is a hard road to travel, as I'm going down it myself. Though you guys generally zip down that road on a Porsche and women get a bicycle. *shakes fist* Still, that's celebration-worthy! Great job!

Dani
By Emilyrunkle Comments: 26, member since Tue Sep 15, 2009
On Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:33 PM
congrats! I'm still trying to get over the 'plateau' stage.......any tips?

Comment #8554674 deleted
Removed by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2009-09-28 11:46:04 This is a post for someone else's achievement. If you want to ask for advice, go to our Health & Nutrition board.

By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3589, member since Wed Oct 17, 2007
On Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:33 AM
Congrats! I hope things continue to go well for you!
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Wed Nov 04, 2009 05:53 AM
Congrats!! I'm on the road to try and lose another 9kg. I've been really ill with some ovarian cysts, kidney issues and the like, as wel as just low self esteem. I weighed myself the other day, and I'd lost 2kg and just had a spray tan. Its amazing how differant and better I felt!

Good luck with reaching your goal weight!

ReplySendWatch