Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
At what age did you start balet classes?
By luv2plie
On Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:55 AM

At what age did you start ballet lessons? I started at the age of 18!

Kev

27 Replies to At what age did you start balet classes?

re: At what age did you start balet classes?
By PerfectFeet
On Tue Oct 06, 2009 07:55 AM
I started at 27!

And friday of last week was my 2-year anniversary!
By sureau
On Tue Oct 06, 2009 06:33 PM
I started at 41! No professional career ahead for me, but I'm having a great time!!
By Latedancer64
On Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:23 AM
Hi There,

I started @ the young age of 45 & loving it & wish i had started much earlier in life
By jorrdanlewissmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Oct 07, 2009 09:13 PM
By se81ballet
On Wed Oct 07, 2009 09:49 PM
I just started about a month and a half ago at the age of 19.
By mohabee
On Thu Oct 08, 2009 06:53 PM
Hi Kev!

I started my dance instruction at age 15, but this was with a locally-reknown modern dance teacher. She encouraged me to take ballet, but I didn't begin ballet training until age 19.

I continued to take classes in both modern and ballet through college, then was invited, well persuaded, to dance for a ballet company--no auditions--this was a company that really needed male dancers, and I had just graduated with a BA in dance. I continued to take class, and also rehearsed with the company--good hard work--for many years.

I last danced on the stage at age 45, ten years ago. I'm retired now, but I'm still active in dance and yoga.

Keep On Dancing!

Mohabee
By Bart243
On Fri Oct 09, 2009 09:27 PM
Hey gang! (this is my first post in about two years, BTW)

I started at the age of 16 as I felt that it would be too emasculating have my mother drive me to ballet classes. So, I waited until I could drive myself!

It has been several years since my last class as I have been attending graduate school (and have just finished!). I am hoping to get back into good enough shape to take classes again, but time, schedule, money (etc) will tell.

Bart
By luv2plie
On Fri Oct 09, 2009 09:59 PM
hi Bart!

This is Kevin....Good to see you....remember you are the one that got me into ballet class ! Thanks

Kev

ps: You HAVE to get back into ballet class! This time it's me encouraging you to take that DEEP plunge into ballet classes again!
By modern_marc
On Sat Oct 10, 2009 09:07 AM
Hey everyone, i started doing technique lessons around 15, now im 17 just loving it. I'm also from Canada and was wondering if anyone ever went to Yorku or Ryersonu for dance?
By LittleButFierce
On Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:24 AM
I started ballet when I was 9.
By rmdanceguy1
On Tue Oct 13, 2009 08:19 PM
I started ballet when I was 36. However, I have always wanted to take ballet since I was like 10 or 12. I have been dancing 4 years now.
By dancingdream36
On Thu Oct 15, 2009 08:40 PM
I started at age 24 too fulfill one of my childhood dreams that never came true.
By jocknballettight
On Fri Oct 16, 2009 04:08 AM
OFF and ON since my college days....got more serious in my 30's taking group classes at different dance studios and college and also private ballet lessons...all my years of gym have keep me in shape for ballet,,,but also not as flex as i would like on the dance floor
By mascunine
On Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:17 AM
I started when I was eleven, and will keep on doing if for a long time.
By ilstorm4life
On Tue Nov 03, 2009 09:14 AM
i started dancing when i was 16 as a filler class in high school. then when i was 18 i went to a studio and thats when my true training started now i'm 20 and dancing everyday i'm in the nut cracker here in nyc doing the asian variation.
By dancer_boi08
On Wed Nov 04, 2009 04:22 PM
I started tranning seriouls at age 18. I have been dancing a year almost two at the Debbie Allen Dance Academy
By NickfromDvaldamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Nov 19, 2009 09:51 AM
I started at age 13.
By rebornballerino
On Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:13 AM
Edited by rebornballerino (218139) on 2009-12-02 10:14:00
Serious training at 18...Im moving fast, but my balance and flexibility is holding me back from more impressive things.
By stormshadow
On Wed Dec 02, 2009 02:13 PM
I was 18. I never did serious training though. I mainly did it to explore other horizons and really got into it. I did it more for my own personal enjoyment than anything.
By guyintightsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Dec 17, 2009 07:01 AM
I started at 18 or so its hard to remember that far back though i should because it was in the era when you got beat up if you danced ballet. I danced till I was married that would be when I was 30 something quit for a long time as life swept by. I had an "event" in life decided that I should do what I want befour it is to late to do it at all. I started back 2 years ago in a company school. I am getting better loving every moment and regretting the time lost. I am by the way 60 years old.
By TidalWhale
On Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:36 AM
I started dancing when I was 16. Thats because my parents never approved of it and told me that I would have to pay for it myself. So I got a job and have been in love ever since!!
By Smart58
On Sat Dec 19, 2009 02:54 PM
I started ballet when I was 42 and am doing it now for 9 years. I am not far but would call my level as advanced beginner.
By JamieChampXD
On Sun Jan 03, 2010 06:55 AM
looking at these comments I'd say not, but am I too old to start ballet. I'm 15 (just turned in December) and I've been doing ADFP Disco dance since I was 12. I've been approached by someone to start ballet. However my Dad thinks I'm too old, what do you think?
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch