Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

how long do your shoes last?
By guyclone
On Mon Oct 19, 2009 01:54 PM

Hey, overall how long do your ballet shoes last? What sort of life do you generally get from them? Most of us are adults so we don't really grow out of them anymore, so they could potentially last for years. Do you find leather or canvas lasts longer?
Do you usually own one pair at a time, or do you own a bunch of them?

12 Replies to how long do your shoes last?

re: how long do your shoes last?
By yostretch
On Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:51 AM
To be honest a lot would go into how much time you spend in the shoes. If you are taking class a few times a week, then the shoes might last 4 to 6 months. If you are rehearsing all day then the shoes are going to go much faster. Leather will always out last canvas but it is the way the shoes are worked in that determines the length of time they will last...

I teach and go thru 2 pair a year...those would be canvas Bloch....
By guyclone
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 02:24 PM
yea I know. Just wanted to hear from different people, topic of discussion, ya know.
By luv2plie
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:30 PM
My ballet shoes last 6 to 8 months. I usually wear white leather ones!

Kev
By balletboyrhysmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:41 PM
I wear canvas and go through a r every month or two depending on my rehearsal schedules. I also dance for on average 6 hours a day so i tend to go through them quickly. pointe shoes? 2 weeks.
By DANCEBOY5
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 01:02 PM
I've been wearing my black soled Capezio's for almost 3 years straight and they are still in terrific shape. They still fit well & are very comfortable too. I think a quality shoe is made to look great and last at least a few years of normal use....
By adsum
On Sun Oct 25, 2009 04:07 PM
my canvas shoes usually wear out in 1 to 2 months. Right now though I have a pair that has been lasting me about 3 months, I think it is because I haven't had so many rehearsals over summer.
By rxk
On Sun Oct 25, 2009 08:55 PM
My current canvas shoes have lasted me 5 months, dancing 10 hours a week.
By guyclone
On Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:29 PM
I tend to have several pairs on the go at any given time, so theyt last longer that way. But once they get old they get retired to house shoes.
By ilstorm4life
On Tue Nov 03, 2009 09:06 AM
i take 12 classes a week, i go through shoes every 4 months. the shoes that i have now are hanging on and i'm hoping they will last another month.
By guyclone
On Wed Dec 09, 2009 04:46 PM
yea four to six months seems like a good life for a pair of ballet shoes. Of course, they are still good shoes after that, but I tend to retire them from the studio after that.
By JoshuaSullivan
On Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:04 PM
a pair of shoes for me last between 4-6 months. Those are Stretch-Ones or Fuzi canvas.
By stormshadow
On Sun Dec 20, 2009 03:13 PM
My white leather Blochs usually lasted about a year before needing to be replaced.

ReplySendWatch