re: Naked in your own house (karma: 3)
By NadiaLadidamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:10 PM
HA! I wish they'd come walking through my yard during my homebirth. :P
re: Naked in your own house
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 07:00 PM
Absurd...

Meanwhile, my office is on the 8th floor of a building in Tyson's Corner, Virginia. Across the street from my window (same level) an older woman sunbathes nakes most days. :P

When I first moved into my office, I had a coworker ask me if I'd seen the naked woman yet? I was like ??? WTH?

Now I point out the naked woman to all the new employees.

She sunbathes on her veranda facing a HUGE office building at the corner of a VERY busy intersection. How is it that SHE isn't arrested? She really is exposing herself in public, but on her own property.

Thank goodness it's not at street level 'cause she'd cause a wreck for sure.
By Sumayah
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 07:26 PM
Updated info: www.myfoxdc.com . . .

I still think it's crap. At 5:30am, no one should be looking in my windows. At 8:30am, the supposed school bus stop outside his house should have no kids in front of it (at least here). And the woman who called just happened to be a police officers wife? Hmm. I call shenanigans.
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 08:29 PM
Edited by Brittany (36942) on 2009-10-22 21:41:22
I'll never understand why people get SO freaked out by nudity. It's natural, it's 100% natural! It's just a nude body...we all have one and they are basically the same with a few obvious differences. Stupid people...

On a side note, he's adorable...as is his lil girl.
By Wicked_Elphabamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 09:17 PM
^^^ For real, he's cute, if I saw him naked, I'd probably get my binoculars. ;)
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 09:23 PM
Ha, I thought he was pretty cute too. I definitely wouldn't complain if I walked past his window ;)
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:44 AM
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2009-10-23 00:48:02
The complaint came from an unidentified woman who was walking with a 7-year-old boy. A Fairfax County Police spokesperson said officers arrested Williamson for indecent exposure because they believe he wanted to be seen naked by the public.

Oh really? He wanted to be seen naked by the public, so he was naked in his own home at 5:30am?
I'm sure that's the best way to go about getting the most viewers.
By Wicked_Elphabamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 23, 2009 02:08 PM
If I wanted to be seen naked in public, I'd go into public naked. I walk around my house in the nude all the time. It's my house. If I forget to shut my blinds, it's just that, I forgot. I lead a very busy and stressful life. If you don't want to see me naked, don't look in my windows. Simple.
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 01:40 AM
Bah......I'm naked at home most times when I don't have anywhere to be. Why not? It's MY HOUSE. It's just a BODY! We all have them!

I'm actually sitting here right now, nursing M, naked as a jaybird!

It's 330 am.....I think I'm entitled!
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 08:38 PM
That is one of the most retarded things I've heard in a long time! If you can't be naked in your own house, does that mean you're supposed to go outside if you want to be naked?

I sometimes work around naked when I'm home alone. Usually in underwear, but same difference. haha

I agree he should counter charge for trespassing. It's her own fault she saw him naked. *shrug* It's just stupid.

It's about as dumb as when my brother's truck got a ticket. Yes, the officer actually said his truck got the ticket because they didn't have enough evidence to give him one.
By emilysmiles
On Sun Oct 25, 2009 01:22 PM
That is soo silly nakedness is completely natural especially in you're own home!
Who doesn't love being naked. I think it's the best thing ever
silly police!!
x
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Oct 31, 2009 08:11 AM
If you cant be naked in your own house, where can you be naked?

I walk around naked a lot, or just in my pants (underwear)

Some people just need to not take nudity so seriously, we all came into this world butt naked!

Helen
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:34 PM
I like to walk naked in my house and my boyfriends house, but I sure as heck don't do it with the blinds wide open. Yes, it is your house, but for your own sake and others, a little modesty is favorable.

Even if you are comfortable with someone seeing you naked, just think not everyone would turn a blind eye. I'm too concerned about peeping toms and things like that!
By Aodhan
On Wed Dec 02, 2009 08:17 AM
Chaconne wrote:

And then there is the Fourth Amendment...Remember the part about "unreasonable search and seizure."

The U.S. Constitution...a quaint but useful document.

Jon

Maybe if you actually understood the "quaint" document, you might have a better argument. He was not searched, nor was he seized. Also, the fourth amendment provides exceptions, one of which is the "plain view" doctrine. If an officer is lawfully present at a location, they may seize objects that are in plain sight. Although in this case, I'm not sure I'd WANT to "seize" the evidence. ;)

You might have an argument along the lines of being a public nuisance, but the whole thing is silly anyway. If that were me, I'd definitely be pressing charges for trespassing, and depending on how it affected me in my regular life, defamation of character, etc.

John
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 PM
^Jon (Chaconne) worked for the US government for many, many years- I think he probably does have a pretty good understanding of the constitution. Apparently you missed his less-than-perfectly-serious tone on that one.
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Dec 03, 2009 07:37 PM
^^ To show up later and arrest him means they had a warrant, which is exactly what the 4th Amendment pertains to.
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Dec 17, 2009 03:20 AM
Brittany wrote:

On a side note, he's adorable...

OMG. This. If he lived next door to me he could walk around naked all damn day!!

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By tinydancer8234
On Fri Dec 18, 2009 02:27 PM
I don't think you should be arrested for doing anything in your own home that isn't hurting yourself or anyone else, and it sounds to me like the people who reported him were trespassing!
By stormshadow
On Mon Dec 21, 2009 01:39 AM
I'm completely for the idea that you should be able to walk around naked in you're own home, and yeah clearly those people were trespassing so they're really full of #$%&. Though, I can see certain instances from the other side of why they might have a valid point.

For example, a friend of mine has a 2nd floor condo that's right next to a daycare camp. So when she opens up the curtain for her big sliding glass door, it's not hard to see in. Now if she were walking around naked with the windows open, it's probably not such a great idea. For reasons like that, I can understand why it would be upsetting. Just throwing it out there.
By leap2livemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 21, 2009 08:38 AM
If I was arrested for all the times I walk around my house naked, I'd have about five life sentences.

...I should really go put on some clothes now :)
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch