Forum: General / Modern / Modern Photos - Misc

Modern Photos - Misc
I need help with second leap.
By dancegirl300member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 203, member since Sun Jul 19, 2009
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 09:13 AM

OK, as you can see I have problems with sticking out my tongue. I am mainly worried on how to help my second leap better. I you have any advice please help. even on the tongue thing, THANKS.

9 Replies to I need help with second leap.

re: I need help with second leap.
By taproxmysox Comments: 117, member since Wed Oct 14, 2009
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 09:29 AM
I have the same problem with the tongue thing, haha. smile. and for the leap you should sit back.like if you were in a chair
By alicelovestodacemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 960, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sat Oct 24, 2009 09:30 AM
i stick my toungue out when im concentrating aswell, or roll it and push it behing my teeth haha.

work on your plie and centre, i also have problems with box jumps :?
By luvs2dancealot Comments: 1092, member since Mon Mar 31, 2008
On Sat Oct 31, 2009 01:24 PM
You need to make sure your hips are totally square to the front. And yes act as though you are sitting on a chair, your legs don't have to be in perfectly straight line they should be somewhat in front of you. (unless you have an amazing turnout and if so I'm jealous!) Good Luck!
By aliruth1 Comments: 9, member since Tue Oct 27, 2009
On Sun Nov 01, 2009 01:54 PM
One thing I noticed (alot of girls at the studio do this too) is that your arms look like they're being thrown. You have to control your upper body and keep it stiil just like your doing a pirouette. I you keep your arms in second, it'll be easier to get in the air and then you can foucs on your legs or tongue thing! XD But your feet are absolutely beautiful! So jealous!
By Music_is_love13 Comments: 88, member since Sun Dec 07, 2008
On Sun Nov 08, 2009 07:05 PM
Your lines are a little messy, so imagine that someone is pulling on your toes, forcing you to stretch when you leap. Your lines will look better, making the entire leap so much prettier.
By misswrite10196 Comments: 6, member since Fri Jul 31, 2009
On Tue Dec 01, 2009 04:17 PM
um... maybe pretend your toungue is pasted to the roof of your mouth if you realize youre sticking it out, i kind of do the same thing. as for your second leap, maybe stretch your strattle more
By c58sgreat Comments: 84, member since Mon Dec 07, 2009
On Mon Dec 07, 2009 03:30 PM
You definitely need to drop your arms, that way you'll create a connection point. My students work on their side leaps by sitting on the floor with legs in second, they hold their arms out to the side and I lift them up off the floor. Then they slowly elongate their back and try to lift their legs up to meet their hands. It works awesome. They also practice side straddles by jumping off two feet straight up in the air.

Keep your back long and really turn out your legs. The legs can only go so far up if they're not turned out because of the way our pelvis is built! Keep working!
By MitchieDancer97 Comments: 32, member since Tue Dec 15, 2009
On Tue Dec 15, 2009 03:59 PM
When your doing your second leap, make sure you stick out you back side . It helps a LOT! also try to think about keeping your knees facing upwards and really try to get your legs as high as they can go ! It will deffinatly improve them!!
By JADOREmeh Comments: 8, member since Tue Jan 05, 2010
On Sat Jan 16, 2010 08:38 AM
I think everyone's had probles with the tongue thing at one point in tie or another, haha. basically, I'd suggest the same thing that the person above said, along with doing stretches to improve your box split flexibility and your back strength.

ReplySendWatch