Outgoing newletters/handouts to students....what do you do?
By CoachT
On 11/01/2009 08:48:16
How do you hand out your newsletters and handouts(if you don't do it thru email). Just wondering how your set up is. Do your kids have student mailboxes? Do you hand out in class? Do you not hand out anything - only offer online/website/email. Do you do it differently if you have a rec program & comp program. I feel like I have way more info to hand out to my performance/comp kids. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks CoachT
re: Outgoing newletters/handouts to students....what do you do?
By Angelina32
On 11/01/2009 09:56:57
I do the same thing as ^^. It seems to work much better for us. The creats are right by the door. I tell them check your message boxes when you come in and when you leave.
By Rose
On 11/01/2009 10:14:21
I send it to everyone by email, plus I put a notification on the board saying that I did send them something. In the past I handed it out to everyone, but often parents said they never got it. So, that's why I'm doing it differently this year. I know from another studio, she puts everything on her website and instructs her students to check at least once a week (recreational) or daily (selection).
By madance
On 11/01/2009 14:08:10
I send monthly newsletter via email using constant contact. Plus other little reminders about events and such with constant contact. Recital packets are labeled with every students name and handed to the parents. When they are left in the studio I try again the next week and then I mail them home. I also have teachers read announcements after each class. everything is put on the bullitin board and you can always download another copy from our website.
By i_am_me
On 11/01/2009 15:12:52
I email all info and take hard copies to class for anyone who needs one. Most of my kids are little so parents are never too far away. Handing out hard copies is trickier if you have older kids who just get dropped off.
By Frogdogdance
On 11/01/2009 17:28:31
I've got client mailboxes--one for each family. I also use email, plus have a monthly newsletter that I send to everyone, plus have hard copies in the studio lobby. I "train" my clients to check the News page of our website monthly. If there's some really important or time-sensitive handout distributed via studio mailboxes, I also email everyone to remind them to check their boxes and/or kids' dancebags to make sure they get it. Between all of this, the main bulletin board, and the flyers that are posted all over the studio, if anyone says to me, "Well, I didn't know about that," I just look at them cross-eyed and reply, "Really? How is that possible?" right before I list all the ways I made the info available! You're only as clueless as you want to be around my studio!
By CoachT
On 11/01/2009 18:11:49
Thanks for all your posts :)

© 2022 - dancer.pro -- 08/12/2022 04:50:18