Forum: General / Hip Hop / Freestyle

Freestyle
Help me with finding a college
By Tate8283 Comments: 1, member since Sun Nov 01, 2009
On Sun Nov 01, 2009 07:13 PM

I want to find colleges that concern their dance majors with hip hop. I dance Pop'n'lock, krump, break. I am not formally taught and I freestyle. But I do plan to take classes and to be active, but I need advice on places I could go or if I am looking for the wrong thing. For instance if I need help to know that there might not be any college that deals with hip hop in dance as a major, and if I should pick up another style of dance.

3 Replies to Help me with finding a college

re: Help me with finding a college
By Spotlightbabe Comments: 157, member since Fri Jul 03, 2009
On Sat Nov 21, 2009 09:56 AM
If you want to make a career out of dance I think your going down the wrong road. Hip-hip and freestyle are really great styles of dance but there's not that many career oppurtunites in these styles. I don't know what over styles of dance your in to but there are a lot more oppurtunites in musical theatre and modern.
By Eric619member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 132, member since Fri Nov 20, 2009
On Sat Nov 21, 2009 04:24 PM
Maybe you either search for the top college that features hip hop as a top majoring dance or try switching to another style of dance thats really close and similar to hip hop
By Mesmerizing Comments: 62, member since Sun Jun 01, 2008
On Sun Nov 22, 2009 08:51 AM
As far as I know I don't know any colleges that have hip hop as a major. Most dance majors are modern, ballet, jazz, etc. Hip hop is something you pick up outside colleges. If anything you might find a college that teaches the lecture of the roots of hip hop. But like I said I don't know any that teach it has a major. I would recommend on going to an dance studio that teaches hip hop and learn it from there. But most important it is always better to learn another style. So if you are picking a college for dance you will be taught modern, jazz, etc. Learning these styles are great they teach you how to become technical and combining a technical and non technical dance helps you become a better dancer.
Hope some of this helps
thefloorisallyours.com

ReplySendWatch