Forum: Arts / Debates

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Is the NYC marathon winner American enough? (karma: 1)
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 07, 2009 06:17 PM
Edited by Celebrian (127245) on 2009-11-07 18:20:29 Can't leave that unsaid...
Edited by Celebrian (127245) on 2009-11-07 18:22:02 mark up codes
Heart wrote:

But the truth of the matter is you would not even have the courage, the intestinal fortitude, to walk up to a 'skinny African' and say this to their face.

Wanna bet? I pride myself on not censoring down my "nationalistic, xenophobic" views. You might be able to pull that on some other person, but not on me.

Actually what I called your words were 'narrow-minded and haughty'. 'Nationalist and xenophobic' were someone elses' words so address them as far as that is concerned.

Censoring? Ha! I don't give a flying tube grub whether you censor or not. My beef with what you said has nothing to do with censoring your thoughts or words.

And as to your 'you might be able to pull that on some other person, but not on me', you can go, take that and shove it where the sun can't shine unless one is upside down, spread-eagle in broad daylight being examined by a proctologist!
re: Is the NYC marathon winner American enough?
By AinetheDragonPremium member
On Sun Nov 08, 2009 05:47 PM
Isn't the idea of Americans being Americans even though they are different races one of those "free country" things they teach you in second grade social studies?

Would it be nice to see a New York native, born and raised win? Or even a more typical white "american"? Yeah.... It would be nice to see skinny chinese guys on pro football teams too...

He won the race, and that's what really counts.
re: Is the NYC marathon winner American enough? (karma: 1)
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 09, 2009 09:31 AM
Personally, I think he should be stripped of his win because of this!!!11!1111!!one

Dani
By Anon1234567890member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:37 AM
Why do we even have to compete for our countries anyway? Most British athletes don't train in Britain 'cause it's too damn cold. Plenty of skinny Kenyans go and run for UAE or Saudi Arabia not because they feel ties to that country, but purely because there are too many other skinny Kenyans who are damn good at running and they don't make the team in Kenya. So they have to go to a country where people don't run quite so fast so they can make the team.

It's all about individual achievement for me and I really don't care what colours somebody runs under. Humans drew borders afterall - it's not like they're set in stone. The events of 20 years ago should prove that.
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:58 PM
People who we're not originally citizens of certain countries represent them for the Olympics all the time. Should we start only letting people compete for the country they were born in as well?

This is ridiculous. Half of "Americans" parents or grandparents probably weren't born in Americal either...guess they are real Americans!
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 30, 2009 05:50 AM
Wow Heart! I thought America was founded on a "free land" and "opportunity filled" ideal. I'm afraid you're not "American enough" for me. Your narrow mindedness surely isn't what the people who founded America what consider at one with their nation. I think this man is American, perhaps more so than many Americans.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch