Forum: Arts / Philosophy

Philosophy
Asian Boy Hurrying to Somewhere
By Cosine Comments: 241, member since Sat Apr 26, 2008
On Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:44 PM

First of all, I apologize if this is the wrong place to post; my question is about paranormal activity.

At a competition I saw the perfect stereotypical Asian boy. He is clever, kind, handsome, outgoing, healthy, and humorous. We had several mutual friends. The first time he was a judge and we had not time to talk. The second time I overslept and missed the competition. He is known to talk to all the new competitors, so I thought I'd see him at the big competition.

But he died. There was an auto accident. While we were waiting to know what will happen, so many people--at least high hundreds on a website--were hoping. Some agnostics prayed. Others held vigils. That boy was so well-loved--it's beyond what I can imagine. Competitions were in his honor, support clubs formed, money raised; still, he died. And the next day at school was normal. It was entirely normal. It still is.

I didn't shed a single tear; I have a strange feeling that if I cried, I'd feel so embarrassed when I see him at the next competition. I read his blog and wrote some letters to him, but still have that sheepish feeling. It's as if one day I'll see that he has not died.

But I see him at school. He goes to a different school, and I never have time to ask why he is there. He is always in a hurry; once he saw me and smiled and nodded while I stared until he turned around a corner. Once I waved to him and he waved back. I think we are used to seeing each other at school now.

Still, the other classmates don't talk about him, and they act just as they did before he died. I don't know why I see him, but he isn't the only ghost I can see. For some reason, I am very detached from the world and tend to dream about things that have happened in the past or will happen in the future. If my mother gets sick, I can sense it even from several miles away.
All that must have been the result of being lonely and trying to make friends--any friends.

Maybe it happens because I tried to be his friend even after his death. But he was the best of us all--at seventeen, so many teachers were willing to write recommendations. He has so many friends, and such talent--good grades and charisma. He could haven been an intellectual and performer at the same time. Why, of so many people, did he have to die?

I don't know what to do. Is he dead or not? There is newspaper obituary, commemorations at the school clubs, student groups, friends' words--I still can't believe it even after I have written to him and seen him hurrying around my school.

Can someone please explain?

9 Replies to Asian Boy Hurrying to Somewhere

re: Asian Boy Hurrying to Somewhere
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:19 AM
He could have a twin or a brother who looks like him. Why don't you stop him and ask if he is a relative.
By ayyyshugamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1425, member since Wed Aug 02, 2006
On Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:40 AM
Have you seen a therapist?

I don't mean that to sound snarky in any way, I'm completely serious.
On Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:42 PM
Mrs. Lori, the Asian boy is an only child. No one at my school looks like him; even if he does have a brother, why would he go to my school wearing those forensics clothes and carrying no books?

Actually, I'm glad he does not have a twin brother. How can a twin bear the other's death?

ayyyshuga, you don't sound snarky at all! I am currently in therapy, but I've seen several paranormal activity threads on this board and am looking for views on afterlife or haunting or things like that. Is it because I'm so confused to whether he died or not that I subconsciously think about him? Or is it because I try so hard to be his friend, and he would have been kind before but now feels bad for ignoring me?
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Tue Nov 24, 2009 03:58 PM
Well, think of how many options there are:

1) Him, this dead boy, is walking around targeting YOU for some reason.
2) There is another boy who looks similar to your boy, that you are convincing yourself is this boy.
3) There is no one there, and you are convincing yourself that he is there.

1 deals heavily with your religions beliefs. For example, 1 wouldn't be a reason for me, because I don't believe that the 'super natural' exists. If you do, it's something to consider.

Both 2 and 3 are very psychological. I tend to think these are more likely. But, I don't know how you can convince yourself that he didn't die, because you are thinking about him. It's tragic, but death isn't undone with hopeful thoughts. That is more striking to me, than seeing the boy.
On Tue Nov 24, 2009 07:49 PM
AlwaysOnStage, your words make a lot of sense. And I don't understand either why I can never be sure that he died, no matter how much evidence. Maybe the last time I saw him he looked so alive. It's strange--if he's targeting me, I'm not really surprised since I act normally in front of ghosts. And I didn't believe in them until I realized that some people might get lonely just walking around looking for old friends who ignore them and mourn for them.

And if he's at my school--well, there is a large group of Asian girls here, and the boy is a very good friend to them.

I think the other worlds overlap this one. There is one universe; all other worlds must share a place to exist.
By LeSoulierVertmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1392, member since Sat Feb 05, 2005
On Wed Dec 02, 2009 06:56 PM
Well he's dead. At least the physical manifestation of his soul is anyways. I'm not sure why this isn't registering for you, but deep down you know it.

You sound like you're very sensitive and perhaps a bit psychic. So I wouldn't doubt if you were seeing his ghost. Have you had an opportunity to talk to him? Perhaps he needs to tell you something, or he needs you to help get him to pass on.

Or like the others said, perhaps this is all in your head, but I'm guessing that it isn't. I'm a firm believer in paranormal activity, the afterlife, and other such "woo woo" things.

PM me if you want to talk about it.
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3037, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Sat Dec 05, 2009 04:59 PM
The solution is to expand your knowledge. Look up spiritualism. Look up psychical phenomena. Look up paranormal activity. Find out what scientists and religions have to say about this. Read, read, read.

PM me if you want suggestions on where to start.
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1483, member since Fri Mar 20, 2009
On Sat Dec 05, 2009 09:11 PM
He is dead.
I mean, sure there's a chance that his spirit is walking around or something, but he's dead.
It might be hallucinations.
I know someone who had bottled up his emotions so much about a death that he hallucinated.
I did the same thing when my great grandmother died.
It might not be a hallucination, but you never know.
By Shnaynaymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9967, member since Sat Aug 03, 2002
On Sat Dec 05, 2009 09:31 PM
Although each individual's situations are different, every person must deal with death at some point in their life - and the death of every person in this world is mourned, celebrated, respected, accepted, and embraced differently by different people.

I have been greatly affected by the death of a girl in my town who I had never spoken to, but whom I had gone to high school with and had seen around town; the loss of her beauty from this world in such a tragic way and the effect it had on the whole town was stunning; it changed me. I didn't have to know her in life, I knew her in death, and that was something.

I also experianced the death - in the same year - of one of my best friends. I remember being completely unable to grasp the concept of his demise when that awful text message came and my boyfriend's brother read it out loud ... it was not until a week later, at the wake, when I saw my friend's body, larger than life, and as dead as you can imagine, lying in front of me, that I understood that it was not a joke or a mistake - he was really dead.

I have had dreams in which Kyle (my friend) has come to me, in one way or another, and told me, "I'm not really dead, you know", and I've awaken confused and with the thought that in some way, the dead are not really dead at all ... they're in some Other World, but they're still very much with us. I've never seen Kyle, physically, but my ex (Kyle's cousin) swears that he did see him, once, when he felt like he was overdosing on cocaine, and that immediately after he saw Kyle, sitting in the corner of his room, he threw up, which saved him.

There must be some reason you're seeing this boy. If he's showing himself to you, it's for a reason. There's no way that anyone else can tell you what that reason is; you need to make peace with that yourself.

I do think it would help for you to really try to accept that he is dead. What "dead" means, no one can say ... it means different things to different people. But physically, he is gone from this world ... so maybe you're seeing into another realm, or maybe he's crossing back over to see you. Some people are sensitive to that kind of thing.

Regardless of the reason, or reasons, for your ineractions - limited though they are - with this dead boy, you can't let it take over your life.

peace out
sh'naynay

ReplySendWatch