Forum: General / Tap / Tap Photos - Members

Tap Photos - Members
My Tap Shoes (Bigger Size picture)
By Eric619member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 132, member since Fri Nov 20, 2009
On Sat Nov 28, 2009 05:18 PM

Sorry for posting twice..sizing problems

What do you think?

7 Replies to My Tap Shoes (Bigger Size picture)

re: My Tap Shoes (Bigger Size picture)
By taproxmysox Comments: 117, member since Wed Oct 14, 2009
On Sat Nov 28, 2009 08:31 PM
I have those tap shoes, I think the look exactly like mine. they are AWESOME for tap sounds
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Sun Nov 29, 2009 05:49 AM
I used to have Blochs like these and they were quite serviceable, but now I have Salvios that are infinitely superior in terms of workmanship and sound quality. For someone who is just starting out and not ready to shell out a huge amount of money, the Blochs are fine.

What taps do you have attached?

Helen
By Eric619member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 132, member since Fri Nov 20, 2009
On Sun Nov 29, 2009 09:34 AM
These have techno taps on them
By taproxmysox Comments: 117, member since Wed Oct 14, 2009
On Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:07 AM
whoa wait, whats techno taps?
On Sun Nov 29, 2009 03:30 PM
Techno taps are basically more "stable" then other taps with the fiberboard attached which makes it more stable on the tap shoes.

If you also want the sound from your taps to be louder, just loosen the screws on the top tap plate
By PureTapPremium member Comments: 1082, member since Sat Jul 12, 2008
On Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:07 AM
Also 'Techno Taps' are just Bloch's trade name for their tap plates, along the same lines as Capezio taps are 'Teletones'.

Sound boards (the things that are tacked to the shoes under the taps themselves between the tap plates and shoes) are partially for sound resonance and partially, I believe, to provide something more for the taps to be screwed into - I don't have tap boards on about 3 of my 8 shoes and the screws tend to fall out of the shoes a lot quicker in these shoes than those that have the sound board on.

Which reminds me, I really need to take those shoes into Bob Strang before I head up to Queensland and have him mount the taps properly. *sigh* There's never enough hours in a day, or days in the week!!!
By misswrite10196 Comments: 6, member since Fri Jul 31, 2009
On Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:57 AM
I think the older girls in my studio wear those shoes. I don't really know though. I wear tan ones with the strap across the middle of the foot.

ReplySendWatch