Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

Pointes with dead shanks
By Tuala
On Sat Nov 28, 2009 08:24 PM

Hi! If you're reading this, you probably have a few old pairs of pointes lying around which you mightn't have a need for at the moment... Well, I'm hoping so anyway. :)

Firstly, I'm in Australia. If there are some Aussie ballerinas who can help me out.. I know this is a huge call but I'm guessing those in the U.S. will not have the time to post them here.

I'm looking for pointe shoes which I can deshank and use as demi-pointes. I'm one of those dancers who kills their boxes first, so unfortunately, I can't do this with my own shoes. However, I know there are some dancers here on DDN who kill their shanks first so.. If your shanks are really soft but your boxes can still do with some dancing, please let me know!

I am a size 6.5B in Bloch, but my feet are different sizes and can accomodate from around a size 6 to a 7. If you have other brands of shoes, I would love to take them off you as well!

I'm not sure how much people usually sell these for but let me know what price you're looking at.

Love xx
Tuala

1 Replies to Pointes with dead shanks

re: Pointes with dead shanks
By hummingbird
On Sun Nov 29, 2009 09:55 AM
There's no reason why you can't de shank your old shoes whatever dies first, they'll still make good soft shoes, you don't need a hard block if your using them as softs.

ReplySendWatch