Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Beginners

Non-flexible jump
By DancerofSweden
On Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:01 AM
Edited by DancerofSweden (184551) on 2009-11-30 11:03:54

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone could come up with a good looking jump where not much flexibility is needed. If you have a picture/video I would be even more thankful.
Very grateful for answer since I'm in huge need for it.

4 Replies to Non-flexible jump

re: Non-flexible jump
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:04 PM
I was actually thinking about the last one that the above poster linked you too. You can actually make it even more simple by only bending one knee. The arms would be identical to that in the picture, however the left leg would remain completely straight in the jump(toe pointed of course) and only the right leg would come up to a parallel passe.
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Tue Dec 01, 2009 02:10 PM
Also, think about what flexibility isn't working...Hips or back? They will have different effects. For example, a C jump doesn't have much hip flexibility needed, but it does need back flexibility.
By AliefromDefore
On Fri Jan 08, 2010 08:09 PM
Dancing Diva is right. In other words, you can do a single tuck instead of a double tuck jump! Just remember to COMPLETELY straighten the leg that is supposed to be straight, and to start from a deep plie. Be sure that the arms are also more of a "decoration"; the strength comes from the legs, just keep your chest slightly open and relax your fingertips for the arms and you should have a perfect and well-performed single tuck jump. And make sure the landing is as clean as the jump itself :)

ReplySendWatch