Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

gaynor mindens
By noviabella08
On Mon Nov 30, 2009 08:27 PM

wanted: gaynor minden pointe shoes,not dead, but not necesarily new either, size 7,5 - 8,5 (i´m flexible with the size believe it or not), box 4 (need 4 box) and just aboout any stiffness is fine with me. cheap please!

1 Replies to gaynor mindens

re: gaynor mindens
By mazie
On Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:04 AM
Since you're looking for a specific size and box no. i guess you intend to wear them?
Its really really really unwise to wear second hand point shoes, even if they are the right size and not "dead". Fair enough if someone offers a never worn pair that they got that didn't suit but if someone has worn the shoe before you then it will be molded to their foot and not yours. This means that the box won't be the right shape for your foot, the shank will probably be broken-in in slightly the wrong place and you won't be able to dance in them comfortably, or safely.
Also because they've already been broken in to someone elses specifications you'll get very little wear out of them. They'll die really quickly because the whole shoe will be weakened because its been broken-in in so many places.

I know gaynors are really expensive but buying pre-worn shoes is just a waste of money and you're much better off getting new ones fitted for you.

If you aren't actually planning on wearing them, then sorry! lol I'm just trying to look out for your feet and ankles.

ReplySendWatch