Forum: Arts / Photos - Members

I think I love being in a band.
By Orionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:14 AM

Photoshop is fun, and we are cool.

I'm the one with the bass :D

3 Replies to I think I love being in a band.

re: I think I love being in a band.
By Shnaynaymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Dec 12, 2009 08:54 PM
Hot. :) You're beautiful. Rock on girl.

peace out
sh'naynay
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Dec 12, 2009 09:57 PM
I'm not really in a band, I'm a symphony orchestra player, but I suspect the joy of music making is about at the same levels. Most of my friends are fellow musicians and it really rocks when it all comes together and an audience appreciates what you do.

I just came back from playing a concert and we rocked...likely in a different manner than you and your group rock, but I'm sure the thrill of music making is about the same.

A bunch of my younger friends actually DO play classical string instruments in rock groups. They are doing night club gigs in Washington, DC area clubs. My training and the genre I know probably prevents me from doing this sort of thing (though I have played some symphonic jazz) but these 20-somethings move very easily from the classical world to the rock world and vice versa.

Jon (violinist)
By Orionmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:54 AM
Jon, I've gotten both sides (well, actually many sides) of the music experience too. I started off playing the saxophone in a concert band, switched to tuba, then joined jazz band on sax. So I've done concert band, a symphonic band, and marching band. Now I get to add rock to that list :D Though I've never had a chance to play in an orchestra, which sounds fascinating. Maybe in college....

ReplySendWatch