Forum: General / Administrative

Administrative
Weekeeks banned
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:09 PM

Starting a new account to get around a current ban. Banned forever.

5 Replies to Weekeeks banned

re: Weekeeks banned
By Sas15member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7646, member since Tue Mar 25, 2003
On Sat Jan 09, 2010 09:37 AM
Thats a wee shame banning a 10 year old!! Keela's account was opened tuesday 1st of december and i dont know when Keeksmum was banned but her last post was thursday the 3rd of december so unless Jeanette can predict the further which i highly doubt weekeeks account was opened for Keela not so Jeanette could get around her ban before it had even began!

Sara x
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Sat Jan 09, 2010 09:40 AM
^ Having two accounts is ban-worthy as well.
By Sas15member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7646, member since Tue Mar 25, 2003
On Sat Jan 09, 2010 09:46 AM
Yes i know having 2 accounts means you can get banned but a mother having 1 account and her daughter having another? I have an account and my mum also has an account and most of the time we use the same laptop so does that mean we should both be banned aswell??

Sara x
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Sat Jan 09, 2010 09:52 AM
A ten year old having an account is actually against the TOS, too. I'm sure the mods looked into this matter, fully, before issuing the ban. Perhaps mom used daughter's account to get around the ban?

A warning is usually given before a complete ban, so I feel like the mom should have known better, whatever was going on.

kk~
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sat Jan 09, 2010 09:06 PM
Sas15 wrote:

Thats a wee shame banning a 10 year old!! Keela's account was opened tuesday 1st of december and i dont know when Keeksmum was banned but her last post was thursday the 3rd of december so unless Jeanette can predict the further which i highly doubt weekeeks account was opened for Keela not so Jeanette could get around her ban before it had even began!

Yeah, it is a shame we actually make people follow the rules of the site. While Keeksmum's last post was Thursday the 3rd, you don't know what PM's she sent out, what TOS violations occured, how many bans her account has had previously, and the situations that might have occurred with a 2nd account previously.

A 10 year old may not have their own account here...in the terms of service you agree to be 13. We figure anyone younger than 13 will be supervised by a responsible adult, however when that adult is banned they shouldn't be able to access the site with ANY account and shouldn't be selling a costume on ANY account which happened TWICE.

We will not allow members to violate our rules on one account that if it gets banned they still have full access to the site to benefit financially from the sale of costumes or to enjoy the site. If people break the rules we enforce them, simple as that.

ReplySendWatch