Poll: Arts / Debates

Page:
Page 3 of 3: 1 2 3
re: Should Texting and Driving be illegal?
By pondflyPremium member
On Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:27 PM
It's illegal in our state now and it is 0 stop requirement; means LEO can stop you for that alone.
I'd give my left arm for a voice operation of my crackberry as I get 40-60 emails a day work related. I did purchase a text to voice and vise versa for my computer that is mounted in my response vehicle, so I can concentrate while driving.
By Kiwidancer7
On Wed Jan 13, 2010 06:31 PM
Im not sure where you live but its illegal in my state and I dont really have a problem with it! My brother almost caused an accident by texting his mate while driving its a serious matter that people should defintely not take lightly!
Young kids these days as my grandma says
xo
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 14, 2010 09:55 AM
It's not illegal in GA, nor is using a cell phone while driving. However, in one county, if you're in an accident and it can be proven that you were on your phone, you get slapped with an extra fine. I think that's fair. No one is being hunted down because they're on the phone, but rather it's a secondary offense.

On rare occasions, I'll text while driving. I always do it at a stoplight and I'm still looking at the light. Never when the car is actually moving. I also almost never have 2 hands on the wheel, so the whole both hands free thing doesn't work for me. :P
By pondflyPremium member
On Mon Jan 18, 2010 04:14 PM
I downloaded a program for my Blackberry called drivesafe.ly. It changes the SMS and email messages to audio and it is spoken to you. The sender also gets a message stating that you will get back to them asap.

It is a free program but will only talk for the first 25 words. For another $14 you can get the unlimited system. I have ordered it for all of our company phones.

drivesafe.ly
By KaptainKlancymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 18, 2010 04:34 PM
The use of phones while driving is already illegal in my state (California)--I just wish everyone else would join in and realize how dangerous it is to use handheld devices while behind the wheel.
By DancerbyGodmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 06, 2010 09:40 AM
I guess it has come to the point of being illegal. People want to endanger other people's lives they should pay a fine. Either pay the fine, or save yourself the headache and tantrum you will have once the cop pulls you over and pull over to the side of the road your da** self and text.

:)

DbG
By actsingdance
On Sat Mar 06, 2010 01:48 PM
Using a mobile phone at all other than with a hands free kit is ilegal in the UK.

You can also be pulled over by the police for eating etc whilst driving if they deem what you are doing to be detrimental to your driving. You would be cgarged either with "driving without due care and attention" or driving without reasonable consideration for other road users."
By xBallet_babex
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 05:26 PM
Texting and driving should definitely be illegal. A friend of a friend was killed texting and driving. She missed a stop sign where 2 highways intersect and was t-boned at 55 mph! I have sent a text or two while driving, but I try to only do it when stopped. It's illegal in 2 of the states I'm frequently in, but not in MI. I see so many people nearly cause accidents because of their phones and my dad has missed a lot of exits because he was distracted. Cell phones are good, but people don't need to on them every second of every day.
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Mar 24, 2010 06:21 PM
I think this shouldn't even be debatable. It's a dangerous activity and splits your attention when you own life and many other lives are at risk.

I live in British Columbia, Canada and as of January 1st cell phone use without a Bluetooth headset or other hands free device in your car has been made illegal with a hefty fine of $167 dollars.

You may use the phone on speaker phone only if it can be answered and hung-up by pressing one button. Dialing number is considered texting.

I really like the law and I admit I've talked on mine before while driving. Now it gives me an even better reason not to and I know most of my frieds and family are adhering to the law.
By Hison
On Sat Sep 26, 2020 02:54 PM
Personally, I think it is necessary to fight it and I can tell you exactly how to do it better. For example, it helped me very much that I read a lot of interesting materials on this subject, it actually turned out to be very cool and interesting. That's why I highly recommend that everyone now read these examples for an essay at studydriver.com . . . , where it is explained in detail. I really hope that it will be useful and everyone will be able to get acquainted with it without any problems, I have no doubts. Because I hope that I was able to help somehow!
Page:
Page 3 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch