Forum: Highland / Highland - Achievements

End of Beginners
By Dancer24601member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Dec 23, 2009 02:52 PM

So, in seven months I've been to six competitions and I got my last beginners stamp in October 2009. I've won five overall trophies and two perpetuals, Highest Aggregate Beginner and Best Adult Beginner. My mom wanted me to take pictures of me with my medals and trophies, so here's one of the pictures. I am rather excited to start competing in Novice and I will have a competition in January 2010. I will be dancing the Half Tulloch there and let's just say that will be interesting. I've also taken video of all my dances at the competitions and posted them on youtube. (my channel, www.youtube.com . . . I've posted links of my first competition on the video board a while ago.)
Thanks for reading!

12 Replies to End of Beginners

re: End of Beginners
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 23, 2009 04:41 PM
Congratulations, and the very best wishes for Novice! It's great to see our adult dancers doing so well.

Merry Christmas, too.
By HighlandBum
On Wed Dec 23, 2009 06:32 PM
Congrats!! Look at all that bling! Good luck at your first novice competition- can't wait to see more videos! :)
By ReelFish
On Wed Dec 23, 2009 08:22 PM
Congrats! You'll enjoy Novice.
By ifinance
On Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:55 PM
Congratulations on a successful beginning! I enjoyed watching some of your videos from Seaside. You show a lot of promise. Keep up the great work :)
By bek24
On Fri Dec 25, 2009 09:04 AM
congrats! good luck in novice
By punkqueeniemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Dec 26, 2009 01:35 AM
Congratulations! Are you dancing in Sonoma? I will be. It's neat that the Beginners and Novices are doing Half Tulloch! It's a departure from the same old Fling, Sword, ST, Lilt/Flora.
By batd_teacherPremium member
On Sat Dec 26, 2009 07:02 AM
Congratulations to you!

As a teacher, it's always exciting for me when a student progresses to the next level. It also means an increased, fun challenge for the teacher which is one of the reasons why we teach! Best of luck in the upcoming levels! Great picture!
By Dancer24601member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:31 AM
Thank you all for the congratulations and encouraging words!
HighlandBum - Videos will defiantly come!
Punkqueene- Yes, I will be at that competition in Sonoma, we should meet. It is a breath of fresh air that beginners and novices will be doing the Half Tulloch, it is also a bit nerve racking because I don't know what to expect! Well, I'll find out when I'm there I suppose!
Again, Thank you everyone for the congratulations!
By punkqueeniemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 28, 2009 03:19 AM
We should meet! And maybe take another Northern California DDN member photo like you guys did over the summer. As for Half Tulloch, the squirrely part is just getting onstage and into the dance! (For example, I can't remember how to, without looking it up! ;D)
By highlanddancer96member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 28, 2009 03:36 AM
WOW! congrats. good luck in Novice :D
By ScottishMamimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 28, 2009 07:48 PM
congrats again Natalie! you're great!
By late_starter
On Tue Dec 29, 2009 01:16 AM
A big congrats. I hope that my trophy and medal haul is that big when I finish beginners. I've 3 stamps. I like the idea of the Best Adult Beginner Trophy it's a pity that I'm normally the only adult beginner here, in 12 months I've come across 4 other adults at comps who were pre-premiers. The oldest age group I've competed in was 12 & over although I've heard that Champs of Champs Aust has a 14 or 16 years and over age group (if I can afford to go)

ReplySendWatch