Forum: Irish / Irish - MAIDs

Entertaining offers
By CelticQTsMa
On Thu Dec 31, 2009 06:01 AM

A friend of mine is looking for dress for her dancer-she is on a strict budget-likes a few she sees on a couple of websites but is not sure how to make an offer-she wonders if sellers would even consider something several hundred less than asking price? I have not purchased a dress in a while-so not sure how to advise. If a dress has been listed for more than a year-would such an offer be insulting?

5 Replies to Entertaining offers

re: Entertaining offers
By Kirvin3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Dec 31, 2009 06:15 AM
I would say that, much like in real estate, if a dress has been for sale for a long time, it can't hurt to offer what you can afford. I wouldn't worry about insulting someone - everyone knows that times are hard and people don't have the money they'd like to spend on a dress. Really, worst case scenario is that the seller says no. I don't think I'd offer a hundred dollars for a $1,000 dress, but $800 could be reasonable. Everyone bargins anymore!
By whatsupgovna
On Thu Dec 31, 2009 06:16 AM
It doesn't hurt to offer. I will always look at an offer and consider it. It just depends on how much lower, how long the dress has been for sale, etc. Most everyone is feeling a bit of a money crunch these days, buyers and sellers, so have your friend make an offer. Just my thoughts
By IrishLisa
On Thu Dec 31, 2009 08:22 AM
I agree with the comments above. In fact, when you make the offer you could indicate that your intention was not to insult the seller...just to be extra careful.

I would think with the economy the way that it is and if the dress has been up for sale for awhile the seller may consider lower offers. Good luck!
By ziggydancer
On Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:31 PM
Gee, when I read your post I thought it was going to be about offers made that were 'entertaining', risque even.... I am so sad...
By Hrynmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:47 PM
It wouldn't hurt to offer...I know that I would consider all offers on the dresses I have to sell! Otherwise, the seller might consider a payment plan, or something along those lines. Perhaps not having the cost so upfront would work?

ReplySendWatch