Priority Dresses & Costumes

Forum: Irish / Irish - Champs

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Irish - Champs
goals for the new year! en>fr fr>en
By saoirse3473member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2040, member since Sun Sep 02, 2007
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 04:14 AM

so i thought, in honour of the new year, there should be a post about what goals you want to set for yourself!
can be dance related, or non-dance related or both!

my goal is to try to get to a point where i can go to the oireachtas and possibly get close to recalling (aka, not place in the bottom group), and also get back into shape (aka, get some flatter more functional ab muscles! lol)

anyone else??

33 Replies to goals for the new year!

re: goals for the new year! en>fr fr>en
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4032, member since Thu Sep 30, 2004
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 05:45 AM
My dance goals are to get back into shape after an on again-off again dance year, and also to get into prelim. I have two more firsts I need to get, and I think that I will go to about four or five feisanna this year, so hopefully I will be able to meet that goal. :)
By ReelJigmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 727, member since Wed Jan 30, 2008
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:07 AM
my goal is to get myself motivated to actually practice EVERY day so I can get into open champs and qualify for nationals.
By irishdancingdog Comments: 974, member since Sun Oct 11, 2009
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:43 AM
My goal is to continue to work hard and be motivated to work to my full potential.
By stepdancer2010 Comments: 291, member since Fri Jan 11, 2008
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:56 AM
My goal is to practice really hard, and get into OC. Also, to recall at oireachtas this year.
By MEtwinkletoes967 Comments: 175, member since Wed Aug 23, 2006
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:11 AM
My goal is to have a year where I don't break a foot. And to recover from my surgery.
Hey, maybe third time is a charm...
By angelfish10member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1463, member since Sat May 31, 2008
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:23 AM
My goal is to get my second first and move up into Open. And go to Nationals!
By iheartmysetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1254, member since Fri Oct 30, 2009
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:59 AM
My dance goals are to exersise more (like doing crunchs, sit ups, ect) to place in my championship, and to reacall at the oireatas (did i spell that right?)
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4495, member since Sun Mar 20, 2005
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:24 PM
I want to improve my hardshoe. My hardshoe is awful on me, no matter the steps. I'm just bad at it. Hahaha. I need to work on that.

I also want to recall at Oireachtas this year. I was just a few away from doing it this past year, so I just gotta close on those few spots. :)
By worldchampion Comments: 605, member since Fri Jul 06, 2007
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 01:54 PM
My goal is to qualify for worlds (5 off at oireachtas) and to HAVE FUN while doing it.
By AlinWonderlandmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 714, member since Tue Apr 03, 2007
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 02:37 PM
My goal is to practice harder this year and get into prelim (I have two dances left), and do better at Oireachtas this year. I've gotten a lot better in hardshoe since SRO '08 where I was well within the recall in my softshoe but did so horribly at my hornpipe that I ruined it :/, and I wasn't able to go to the Oireachtas '09. So I'm hoping SRO twenty-ten will be my year to at least come close to the recall.
By ReelJiggered Comments: 515, member since Wed Sep 03, 2008
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 02:50 PM
(Hi everyone! I've been on ddn hiatus, but I'm back!!)

My goal for this year is to begin competing again, and to place in novice. This may be a bit too much to ask though, since my teacher has given me prizewinner and prelim steps!! (A little over my head, but it's his call.)
By Hrynmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 920, member since Wed Aug 15, 2007
On Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:25 PM
My goal is to practice more! Hopefully all of my secondary goals (prelims, recall at Oireacthas, etc.) will follow closely from that!
By reelgatorstreble Comments: 169, member since Thu Mar 05, 2009
On Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:33 PM
My goal is to get to prelim by the end of 2010. This means I will actually have to... practice.
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4032, member since Thu Sep 30, 2004
On Sat Jan 02, 2010 01:48 PM
Wow! I love reading everyone's goals. It's neat that other people are trying to get into prelims too. I'm going to start a diary in that forum journalling my coming back to dance for a while, and my journey to prelims (hopefully!). It would be neat to read other's diaries too. :)
By slip_jig_chick Comments: 702, member since Sun Oct 04, 2009
On Sat Jan 02, 2010 01:57 PM
I have WAY too many. A few are to get my jumps higher, recall at Worlds/Nationals, be a little nicer to my brothers (by the way, my youngest brother is starting ID TOMORROW!), and not SCREAM! if I get mad.

YAY Ryan! :D
By Rincemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1462, member since Sat Oct 01, 2005
On Sat Jan 02, 2010 02:43 PM
practise more, get kicks and jumps higher,get firsts for OC, and hopefully at the oireachtas dance 3 great rounds and place well, maybe even top 20? or even qualify for worlds?
By Sorcha1 Comments: 68, member since Mon Apr 06, 2009
On Sat Jan 02, 2010 03:31 PM
My goals are to work harder than I ever have and get in to Open Champs by the end of the summer :). I took the last few months off because I started grad. school and I miss dancing so much! hopefully I can stay motivated!
By love_irishdance Comments: 64, member since Mon Jul 06, 2009
On Sat Jan 02, 2010 07:59 PM
My goals this year are to get into prelims (I'm one dance away)go to the gym to do cross training more often, and recall at oireachtas 2010.

This post is a great idea! I really feel like if you can't realize and write out your goals, and truly believe them, there's no way you can achieve them.
By saoirse3473member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2040, member since Sun Sep 02, 2007
On Sat Jan 02, 2010 09:22 PM
wow! this post turned out bigger than i thought!
all these goals are sooo cool guys! we should have a follow up at the end of the year to see if we met these goals, or how close we came to them!
By seanmharcailinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1976, member since Fri Dec 10, 2004
On Sat Jan 02, 2010 09:54 PM
This year i will start dancing at a new school, recall at NANs, WQ at my O, and seriously study for my TCRG.

I will also sell my two dresses currently for sale and possibly get a new Michelle Lewis custom solo.
By rincevt Comments: 15, member since Wed Aug 19, 2009
On Thu Jan 21, 2010 05:12 PM
My goals for this year are:
to get my last first in Prelim before Oireachtas
to recall at Oireachtas (4 off last year, grrrr)
and to improve my Treble Jig. Lots.
By Meggo67member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 519, member since Fri Sep 15, 2006
On Thu Jan 21, 2010 05:44 PM
My goal this year has been to take care of my body more. No more eating out, no more eating junk, more working out, and listening to my body when it says that it hurts. I'm hoping that an improvement with dance will come along with that!
By dancechamp43 Comments: 72, member since Sun Jan 17, 2010
On Thu Jan 21, 2010 06:08 PM
I want to improve my dancing in general!! I need to work on my timing, pulling up on my knees at some parts, get my kicks above my head again, and to strengthen my legs up again so my leaps can be really high!! Overall, I really really REALLY want to get into OC this year.

Good luck to everyone!
By mwilkinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 213, member since Sat Jan 09, 2010
On Fri Jan 22, 2010 08:06 AM
Well i just came back to dance, but my goals are to start competing again, later in the year. As well as to really just push myself harder than i ever have before. I want to make a big comeback!
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch