Forum: Music / Music & Songs

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
The Most Embarrassing Songs On Your MP3/iPod Are...
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:14 PM

There was one of these from a couple of years back and I thought it looked fun! So I decided to start another one considering the other one's too old to reply!

Here's mine:
-Mario Lanza.. The world's greatest tenor! (God love Heavenly Creatures!! I have The Donkey Serenade, Be My Love, & The Loveliest Night of the Year)

-Fly on the Wall by Miley Cyrus. It's an inside joke, but I don't want people to find it!

-Mamma Mia soundtrack music.

-Plus, I have some classical music..James Horner, Tchaikovsky, & Beethoven, which aren't embarrassing, but people ALWAYS ask why.

What's yours?? :D

27 Replies to The Most Embarrassing Songs On Your MP3/iPod Are...

re: The Most Embarrassing Songs On Your MP3/iPod Are...
By Hasana
On Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 AM
Eek. And I just went through my iTunes to delete the songs I don't listen to anymore, so I'm a bit TOO familiar with the embarrassing songs on there. I had some Disney songs, embarrassingly enough, but I just deleted them. I do also have some songs from The Two Towers soundtrack....and there might even be a psalm on there. Don't ask me why. I'm not even slightly religious.

But I guess everybody's embarrassing song is someone else's favorite. :D
By Merfi
On Sun Jan 03, 2010 07:42 PM
Hahaha I thought I was the only one with Mario Lanza on my iPod!! Heavenly Creatures is one of my favourite movies, I studied it for English a few years ago.

It's pretty embarrassing that I have about 15 songs by the Spice Girls on my iPod, but they will have to remain one of my favourite bands, a relic of my childhood! And I have a huge selection of Disney music, but I'm not even remotely embarrassed by that. :D I realised exactly how mature I and my friends are when all of us had a Disney party earlier this year (all of us aged 17 and 18, of course!)
By CatScratchDancer
On Sun Jan 03, 2010 09:52 PM
^ Um, we watch Disney movies whenever we have massive amounts of hand sewing to do in the costume shop. And my friends and I ( I'm 21 and and they are 22) had a Disney movie weekend this past semester.

As for embarrassing songs on my ipod...I have some of the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana songs, Spice Girls, Veggie Tales, a few Disney soundtracks, and some Baby Einstein, along with a bunch of other random stuff. Mind you I haven't changed what is on my iPod since the beginning of the summer and I babysat and worked at a summer camp the whole time...I'm off the update the music now
By ayyyshugamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 PM
I'm only somewhat ashamed to admit that I have a Miley Cyrus song...The Climb. Not gonna lie, I love that song although I really can't stand her.

Even more embarassing- I have 2 Paris Hilton songs ("Stars are Blind" and "nothing in this world") I just think their fun lol.
By Kaela
On Mon Jan 04, 2010 05:56 AM
I have some really embaressing old school songs from the early 1990's which are so cheesy that I love them! I Have 'Just a Little Bit' - by Gina G and I also have loads of the Eurovision Soundtracks on there because I really love the Eurovision. If people found it, I would just laugh and dance (and die inside!)

Kaela x
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 04, 2010 08:20 AM
Steps, A1, Jesse McCartney, My Chemical Romance (They're great at what they do, but over here they're stereotyped for being way emo and most people hate them) and the Venga Boys.

Though saying that I think I took most of those off my iPod, but they WERE all on there at somepoint.

They're embarrassing because the rest of the music on my iPod is stuff like Melodic Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Technical Death Metal, Thrash Metal, etc, etc so they stand out ALOT!

Claire.
By Lithia
On Mon Jan 04, 2010 09:21 AM
Well, there is My Chemical Romance and Bullet For My Valentine. Not my style at all, and also very annoying because people often ask if I am emo (No thank you, I am ME). Oh, and I just found Slipknot in there too along with Green Day :-/. I also have a song by Idina Menzel and one by Ane Brun , all the nutcracker music, and RAD grade 3,4,and 6 (which obviously sucks because I am in grade 5!!), but those are for dance so that is nothing to be ashamed of. I have way too much space on my Ipod, so I never delete anything...;-)
By balletgirl125member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:19 AM
I have some Jessica Simpson
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 06:28 PM
Merfi wrote:

Hahaha I thought I was the only one with Mario Lanza on my iPod!! Heavenly Creatures is one of my favourite movies, I studied it for English a few years ago.

Heavenly Creatures is AMAZING!!! It's my second favorite movie! (TITANIC being first, of course.) If it wasn't for my obsession with Kate, I would still be completely oblivious to such amazement as Heavenly Creatures. I respect you for having such splendid taste in movies. ;)

ayyyshuga wrote:

I'm only somewhat ashamed to admit that I have a Miley Cyrus song...The Climb. Not gonna lie, I love that song although I really can't stand her.

Haha, I have it on there too. But it's a pretty song. I can't stand her though! Miley Cyrus.. Such an odd girl.
By Spookiesquemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 06:39 PM
I have not listened to my mp3 player in a long time because it broke, but from what I can remember...

Spice Girls (I still sing along to their songs when no one is home)
Placebo (I've liked them for nearly a decade, but most people around me don't)
Disney princess songs and Soundtracks (again, I sing along when I'm alone)
Irish language learning CDs (I giggle when they come on during shuffle, though)
Kittie (I HATE them, no idea why I put them on my player)
Pansy Division (Their songs make me smile)

These are the reason I don't put my player on shuffle in other people's presence. :P
By Sumayah
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 06:46 PM
Hmm, I can justify most of my embarrassing music because I do teach children but I still cringe when I see I bought New Kids on the Block. My SO gave me an iTunes card and list of music she wanted downloaded for either her kids or for use in class and that was one of them. Irregardless, Hangin' Tough sits there mocking me. Similarly, I have some Crazy Frog and lots of teeny-bopper kind of music. Meh. Something I purposely bought (because it's hilarious and goes with my Wasted! mix tape) but I'm horrified to actually own is Alcohol by Millionaires - it just reminds me so much of Julie Brown (which I also have). So yeah. By the way, my Wasted! mix tape is all kinds of amazing awesomeness, just sayin'.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 07:05 PM
^I'm not ashamed to say I rock out to "Hangin Tough" on occasion, even though they were slightly before my time.

I have the Backstreet Boys Greatest Hits on my iPod right now. I feel like I'm 12 again when one of them pops up on shuffle. I also have a smattering of Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, & Lady Gaga.
By Sumayah
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 07:40 PM
PinUpGirl wrote:

even though they were slightly before my time.

Gah! I feel oooo ld!!! That was my 4th grade hell. I was in a split 4th/5th grade class so my 4th grade friends consited of 4 other 4th grade girls and 5 4th grade boys and the 5 5th grade girls didn't talk to us because we were 4th graders. [profanity]. Anyway, I was listening to the stuff my sister listened to, aka, music they played in clubs in the 80's - the Cure stand out as a big memory. So I was so not into the boy bands, I listened to cooler music than that. :P So since I never listened to them in the first place it makes me feel icky to own them now, lol.
By poptart22
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 08:08 PM
Never Gonna Give You Up, by Rick Astley.

Yeah...

I also have spice girls, Disney, Shrek ect. But I just smile and say that I love that stuff and so do they, even if they are too ashamed to admit it.

On the weirdenss front, I have the Mysterious Ticking Noise (potter puppet pals), the powerpuff girls theme song, the Camelot Song (monty python)and the A team theme song.
By xMJx
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:48 PM
Hold up, I'm supposed to be embarrassed about having Miley and Disney songs? Cause I'm not. I think when you get to a certain age you stop being embarrassed by stuff like the contents of your iPod, so that's one good thing about getting old. I rock out with pride.
By iDancer518member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 01:20 AM
I have B2K.

Yeah I know...

Thought I had deleted them, but I guess not lol.
On Thu Jan 21, 2010 06:39 PM
Agh! I added another one!
Funiculi, Funicula by Mario Lanza!!!
And it is rather embarrassing that I have 61 songs by The Cranberries on there. Because it seems every other song is The Cranberries. Very aggravating for the people going through my music.
By butterflydancer1
On Thu Jan 21, 2010 06:51 PM
I've got a bunch of Traditional celtic music that I was using for dance and some how ended up on there
I used to have the entire LOTD soundtrack too.

And a bunch of music that I burned for my 8 year old cousin (including but not limited to Jonas Brothers, Cheetah Girls, and some of those kids who sing pop songs)

I'm more of an indie/alturnative/punk rocker chick myself
By LeDanser
On Sat Jan 23, 2010 05:01 PM
I don't see why you should be embarrassed about the music on your iPod. I'm 28, a mother of two small children and a dance instructor and choreographer. I have everything from the Beatles to NKOTB, to the Bangles, to The Backyardigans, to Miley Cyrus. Do I listen to them? No, I just skip over them during ipod shuffle, but they are always there in case I'm asked to sub a children's class or my kids start itchin' to hear Choo Choo Soul. Don't be emabarrassed, Own It!!!
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jan 23, 2010 08:03 PM
Sumayah-I think I was in kindergarten when they were really popular, but I definitely remember them. My babysitter loved them. I was also the oldest, so no older siblings to mooch off of. ;)
By CompactDiscomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:39 PM
I have 'Tonight' by the Jonas brothers on my mp3... it has a good beat!!! *blushes*
On Sun Feb 28, 2010 08:16 AM
I've officially decided my most embarrassing are
-Miley Cyrus, I've got like 5 of her songs on there.
-I've got the entire Titanic: Original Soundtrack & Back To Titanic Soundtrack on there and it seems it's every few songs on there.
Love Titanic, but people always make fun of me for it! They say I'm obsessed! =P
-Rusted Root. They're freaks of nature and their songs are weird, excluding Send Me On My Way.

I'm not embarrassed over Mario Lanza really, because when people ask why I have him on there I just whip out "Mario Lanza! The world's greatest tenor!" And they feel oblivious to someone that "everyone knows." Makes me look COOL. ;)

:D
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Feb 28, 2010 01:30 PM
Edited by Krystal (73000) on 2010-02-28 13:31:41 ashamed isn't spelled "asshamed"
Hold up, I'm supposed to be embarrassed about having Miley and Disney songs? Cause I'm not. I think when you get to a certain age you stop being embarrassed by stuff like the contents of your iPod, so that's one good thing about getting old. I rock out with pride.

Word! I still rock out to Britney, Christina, BSB, Nsync, Aaron Carter...that's good (well, a loose definition of "good") music and I'm not ashamed!

This.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member
On Sun Feb 28, 2010 03:16 PM
Ra ra uh uh uh rum-a ruma-a Ga Ga Ooh la la. I want your ugly, I want your disease...
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch