Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Help with dancebelt/tights.
By rebornballerino
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:09 PM

OK. First things first, I need new tights and a belt but the closest dance store is over an hour from my house.

So i figure that ordering from online will be best. im 5'9"/1.75meters and 135 lbs/61.2 kilo. Or at least i think thats correct.

So based upon my measurements, does anyone know what size M. stevens tights i should order. Any suggestions on a brand and size of dancebelt?

8 Replies to Help with dancebelt/tights.

re: Help with dancebelt/tights.
By Nutcracker_Boy
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 01:38 PM
How big is your waist? That is needed information.

Based on your height, you'll probably want Large MStevens tights. My favorite dance belts right now are Harmonie, and I'd guess based on your weight that you could fit into a medium.
By jocknballettight
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 03:25 PM
M stevens tights are agreat choice I am 5 10 170 and I buy them large given your weight you maybe ok in a medium ..the material MILSKIN will stretch so dont worry about getting them to fit
good luck
By rebornballerino
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 05:44 PM
My waist is about a 29.
By pondflyPremium member
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 06:52 PM
I am roughly the same as yours minus about 7k (15#) I have a large and it fits me fine with a little rolling of the waist line. I have a medium pair coming Thursday and I can give you a report then if you wish. As for the belt I have the Capezio padded in small and while snug on the waist it is comfortable.
By rebornballerino
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 09:03 PM
Haha Perfect dude. Thank you

As for the dancebelt, maybe a medium? as i am heavier than you.
By pondflyPremium member
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 09:31 PM
My other package came in today after I came home from class. The mediums fit even better, but as for a belt I'd go up to a medium for you. Like I said I'm about 15 under you and it does the job properly, in your case it may be just a little too tight.
By luv2plie
On Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:32 AM
I am almost the same as you are. Ia m 133 lbs and I am 5' 7". I wear Medium size tights!

I wear a large capezio dance belt.

Kev
By rebornballerino
On Wed Jan 13, 2010 05:25 PM
what model dance belt? does a dance belt size differ depending on the size of your package?

ReplySendWatch