Forum: Adults / Baby - Photos

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Jackson Henry's Birth
By Daniellamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 08:25 PM
3 Image(s) detached by Odessa (22571) on 2010-01-06 20:04:21 Removed three images - one for clear view of baby genitals, and two because nobody needs to see graphic caesarian photographs.
Edited by Odessa (22571) on 2010-01-06 20:04:54 edited to remove c-section reference in subject line, since photos are now detached.

I finally got around to posting the pics from Jackson's birth - he was Born on November 20th. I also included a recent pic of Jackson and a cute one of my husband, son and dog sleeping on the couch. : )

41 Replies to Jackson Henry's Birth

re: Jackson Henry's Birth (warning some graphic c-section photos)
By SOADftwmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 08:36 PM
He is CUTE! I love the picture with his big eyes!

Congrats! You have a lovely family!
By Miss_Tami_Leemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:39 PM
He is so adorable! Just look at that head of hair! Congrats :)
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 01:38 PM
YAY congratulations my friend. Jackson is adorable! What a cutie pie.

Happy New Year! What a beautiful blessing and family you have!
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 02:11 PM
Jackson is adorable, congrats and I hope your recovery is going well!
By ShandaLeemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 03:46 PM
He's gorgeous! And I must say he has the cutest fuzzy hair I have ever seen! Congrats!
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 04:01 PM
Thank you all so much! I love his fuzzy hair too : ) It stinks that its winter time because I always have to cover it up with a hat!
re: Jackson Henry's Birth
By Holliannamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 09:07 PM
I think it's a little ridiculous that this post and the photos were edited, especially since what is allowed here on DDN, but whatever.

All that matters is that you had a healthy and cute baby.
re: Jackson Henry's Birth (karma: 1)
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 09:26 PM
Hollianna wrote:

I think it's a little ridiculous that this post and the photos were edited, especially since what is allowed here on DDN, but whatever.

Ok, firstly. Baby genitals. Not cool. If you see 'em, mod 'em. I don't tend to look at people's baby photos since babies don't interest me, so if there are other baby genitals on DDN that I haven't seen, please let us know about them. We will always remove photos that in some way show child genital nudity. However, I can appreciate that they are precious memories, but that sort of thing is better kept in the private family photo album.

Secondly - graphic caesarian section photos. This is on par with full frontal photographs of the child descending the birth canal. While they may be precious photos for the family, they are not really appropriate for sharing with the rest of the world.

Thirdly - all that was edited of the post was the title, to remove the reference/warning about the caesarian photos. I didn't see any point leaving that there since I took out the photos in question. If you wish to see them, they will still be visible in Daniella's profile, unless she has chosen to hide them.

Fourthly - if you have a problem or disagree with a moderator action, please PM the mod in question, or click the mod button on the post. Don't post about it on the public boards.
____

Daniella, your son is beautiful and you must be very proud. In fact, for a woman who has just had a c-section, you look beautiful too. I wish your family much prosperity and happiness and may there be many blessings upon your home.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:03 PM
Well when I first had glimpsed through her photos, perhaps I was missing something but I really didn't see anything that graphic about it? Since I had a C-section with my son in May, I was kind of interested in what it actually looked like since there were no pics of my surgery and I couldn't see. In my birth story post, I posted the first picture taken of my son in the thread. He was naked of course, and in my sleep deprived state, it didn't even occur to me that he was naked. I just think "baby" not "naked baby" as I think a lot of others do the same...it was taken down, I believe by you. I knew a couple other mods had posted on the thread, like a "Congrats" message or whatever and none had taken down the pic...probably like me, didn't see it as obscene....it's just, our minds aren't on that wavelength probably...

It could be the whole 'being a parent' thing that makes me see it differently...I mean there's been a thread strictly for breastfeeding photos...and there's been other stuff I've seen on DDN where I've thought it was gross, trashy, skanky or "didn't need to see that!" type of thing. Ha! Just sayin...Sorry to have brought it up....
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 PM
Hollianna wrote:

I just think "baby" not "naked baby" as I think a lot of others do the same...it was taken down, I believe by you. I knew a couple other mods had posted on the thread, like a "Congrats" message or whatever and none had taken down the pic...probably like me, didn't see it as obscene....it's just, our minds aren't on that wavelength probably...

I don't see it as obscene either. This is not an issue of obscenity. It's an issue of child protection. A naked baby is basically the most benign thing on the planet. However - anything you put on the internet is open to public consumption. Creeps and paedophiles cruise the internet looking for stuff like this. So while it's not obscene to you or I, or probably any other rational adult, there are people out there who really get off on pictures of naked babies. Does that mean we should stop photographing them? No. It simply means we should be more discerning with where we share pictures of our naked children.

It could be the whole 'being a parent' thing that makes me see it differently...

It could be, and I am no parent, but I can't ever see myself thinking it's OK to post naked photos of any children I have on the internet, for the reasons I outlined above.

I mean there's been a thread strictly for breastfeeding photos...

Breastfeeding photos mostly involve non-seuxal skin belonging to an adult, and the head of a baby or infant. The comparison is loose at best.

and there's been other stuff I've seen on DDN where I've thought it was gross, trashy, skanky or "didn't need to see that!" type of thing.

Once again - if you see something you think is inappropriate, mod it. We can't be everywhere at once and rely on you guys to help us out.

Can we please end this debate here and get back to admiring Daniella's beautiful family?

Erin,
::righteous babe::
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 08:27 AM
Ok I am sorry I caused so much trouble. As a mother it simply did not occur to me that my baby was naked. I realize now what you are saying but please do not think I am a bad mother who was trying to expose my child to sickos - I really mean no harm at all. To me the pictures are all beautiful and a miracle - I was proud b/c I had no pictures from my first sons birth because it was an emergency c-section. I never thought about it that way. thank you Erin for pointing out my mistake, but I must say that when you messaged me about it saying "No one wants to see c-section photos" I was extemely insulted. I did not realize no one else would find the birth a beautiful thing. It is easy to see you are not a mother and I am sorry for the offence.

Danielle
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 09:11 AM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2010-01-07 09:15:33
^ No need to make this into a mommy vs. childfree war...moderation decisions almost ALWAYS get discussed behind the scenes, and mods who WERE moms agreed that they needed to go. Shooting the messenger isn't necessary, especially when Erin's trying to move the focus back onto your beautiful, healthy little boy.

Dani
By AymeePremium member
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 09:24 AM
Beautiful Baby! Congratulations!

I just wanted to say that I am a mother of 3 and when you first posted, I deliberately avoided looking at the post as you stated there were images of a c-section.
I love looking at new baby pictures, but looking at the actual birth is another thing for me. Maybe I'm in the minority, but there you go.

I don't want to start a debate, but the comment below,

It is easy to see you are not a mother

puzzled me. How is it easy to see? Just curious, as I can't really see how it would factor into anything....
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:30 AM
She may have just assumed that because it was said that Odessa really didn't have an interest in the baby photos...which is fine, to each his own...

...I do see your points, on protecting the child and all of that...but I have to agree, I think that's what turned me off, the whole, "no one needs to see a C-section" comment. It's just kind of "ouch."
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 AM
Removed three images - one for clear view of baby genitals, and two because nobody needs to see graphic caesarian photographs.

The key word is "graphic".

Dani
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 02:27 PM
even if i left out graphic, it was her tone "nobody needs to see.." it seems rude and unprofessional to me - I am sorry but but I wAs hurt by the way she said that and I feel even worse now that more replys have been added. I love DDN and have been a member for many long years - but this is not the first time I have been treated rudely, so thats it for me because believe it or not I am a very non- confrontational and kind hearted person and I did not mean to start a fight here. I was only letting the mod know that I felt she treated me rudely, and I still do. Sorry again, no one seems to like me on this board so I will not come ack and everyone I am sure will be happy. You can close this thread to end the argument.. Sorry again
re: Jackson Henry's Birth (karma: 1)
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 03:35 PM
I think everyone is getting too worked up...nobody is bashing c-sections or trying to be snarky. I do think it's safe to say that most people don't want to see such graphic photos, just like most people wouldn't want to see a picture where the mother's freshly post-birth vagina was clearly visible. I know that they're special to you, and if I ever have a c-section I'd treasure my photos too, but that doesn't change the fact that it's major surgery and the up-close shots aren't appropriate for a PG, family website.

That being said, congratulations :D He is absolutely gorgeous, and your older son is beautiful as well. They're going to be heartbreakers in a few years!
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 06:58 PM
For the record, I do not know if you all saw the pics - but I only said graphic b/c you can see that and there is a surgery going on and the baby has white mess on him, otherwise you cannot see anything except doctors arms and my son, I made sure not to post a pic that was gross. I only wrote it in the thread topic so that really sensitive people would not look at it. That was my trying to be thoughtful, but I guess that was my mistake as well.
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 07:02 PM
"Well when I first had glimpsed through her photos, perhaps I was missing something but I really didn't see anything that graphic about it? " I am glad at least Hollianna agrees with me. The pictures did not show much at all!
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 07:05 PM
. "I do think it's safe to say that most people don't want to see such graphic photos, just like most people wouldn't want to see a picture where the mother's freshly post-birth vagina was clearly visible"

I agree with you and I do not think the pictures I posted can fairly be compared to a picture of a vagina.
By Wicked_Elphabamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 09:36 PM
Daniella wrote:

"Well when I first had glimpsed through her photos, perhaps I was missing something but I really didn't see anything that graphic about it? " I am glad at least Hollianna agrees with me. The pictures did not show much at all!

Maybe to you. A lot of us, (me included) are used to seeing stuff like that or worse, but to someone who has never seen a c-section before, these photos can be considered graphic/disturbing. Also, think of it from your son's point of view in 15-16 years. I'd be mortified if my mom posted photos of me while I was still naked after having been born.

Back to the topic...Your son is so cute and you look fab for just giving birth!!!! :)
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:11 PM
As I said, I didn't actually see anything graphic...like I said, I know I'm weird, but I was hoping I would, lol...I got what you were trying to do, trying to be respectful, to give a warning, but there was really nothing to give a warning about...so really I don't think you or I were the ones getting excited or worked up...but that's just my thoughts...
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 08, 2010 01:42 AM
When I come to this board, I expect to see Baby photos. Like, clothed (or blanket covered) cute babies. Don't really expect to be seeing c-section photos and baby genitals. Just sayin'. You can't please everyone so it's best to be safe than sorry.

Ultra cute kid :) I adore the name Jackson too...oh and we totally share a birthday! The photo of him with his eyes wide open? Classic. I love it! Totally rockin' the hair style too.
re: Jackson Henry's Birth (karma: 4)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 08, 2010 02:37 AM
Why don't we make a "Baby Photos PG-13" board? That way everyone can post pictures of their tired old post-birth vaginas. Problem solved!

Next topic...
It could be the whole 'being a parent' thing that makes me see it differently...
As a mother it simply did not occur to me that my baby was naked.
It is easy to see you are not a mother

I have to say, this attitude really pisses me off. This is exactly the sort of thing my mother says to me any time she wants to end an argument. News flash - mothers do not have a monopoly on intelligence, wisdom, and/or compassion. When you say, "You don't understand because you don't have kids," you really mean, "You don't know what you're talking about so shut up." It's bitchy.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch