Forum: USA / USA - LA

Best Selection of pointe shoes in LA area...
By Antlersmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 08:56 PM

I'm traveling to LA to visit my aunt (I am in the San Francisco/Sonoma area), and I would like to shop for pointes. I have difficult feet to fit, and I'm looking for a good store that will have many different brands and models of pointe shoes.
I will be primarily in the Brentwood/Westwood area, but I can travel around.

Thank you!

3 Replies to Best Selection of pointe shoes in LA area...

re: Best Selection of pointe shoes in LA area...
By ayyyshugamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 07, 2010 09:21 PM
This place is right in Brentwood, I've never been there however so I don't know how their selection is:

www.brentwooddanceandactivewear.com . . .

If you like Capezio, theres a Capezio store in Hollywood. I'm pretty sure its on Vine. Theres also one somewhere in the valley I know I've been too, but I'm blanking on where exactly it was.

I've heard some good things about this place, although I've never been there myself. (I order pretty much everything online) Shouldn't be too far at all from where your staying;

www.thedancestore.com

Honestly, I've yet to find a really super dance store in LA, although I'm sure there has to be some.
My personal favorite store is called Pas de Deux in Agoura Hills, which would be a bit of a drive, approx 45 minutes for you without traffic. However, they do have a pretty good selection and there fitters there really seem to know what their doing.

If you have some time to kill and are in the mood for searching through tons of crap in search of some great deals, check out Danny's Warehouse:
store.dannyswarehouse.com . . .

Nothing over 10 bucks, and your really going to have to look through a lot of junk, but you CAN find some really good deals there.
By dantz_tutu
On Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:04 PM
I found the Capezio store a few years ago when I was wandering around LA (really frustrating day) and it IS on Vine St. I think it was just a little farther past where Pantages is.
By strictlydancer88Premium member
On Fri Feb 12, 2010 06:40 PM
The dance store listed above is great. If you need help ask for Jenny. I've been going there for years and take my students there as well

ReplySendWatch