Forum: Adults / Dance Therapy

Dance Therapy
Dance is my therapy
By babydancer69 Comments: 11, member since Mon May 28, 2007
On Tue Jan 12, 2010 09:59 PM

I dont know about you all, but just dancing is therapy.
I had a boy friend that i was with for 5 years and no matter how he broke my heart i still wanted him. I was one of those stupid girls. No matter what i did i couldn't get over him until i started dancing. the week i started i was so excited and i noticed that week i got over him.

I love my mom so much. me and my mom have been like best friends ever since she retired from work. witch is like 4 years. My mom and my family had just found out that my mom has stage four cancer. i am not emotionaly strong, but dancing has helped me be strong for my mom.

i have told you a couple of things dancing has helped me. if you have a story to share i would love to here

2 Replies to Dance is my therapy

re: Dance is my therapy
By pondflyPremium member Comments: 1099, member since Thu Dec 24, 2009
On Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:13 PM
I have a very stressful job, did I say stressful? The two hours a week are a great way to relax, have a laugh (at my expense) and forget about the never ending Blackberry for a while.
re: Dance is my therapy
By Dancerat50member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 353, member since Fri Dec 18, 2009
On Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:21 PM
I grew up never being good enough. I was so insecure. I was not good enough to be your friend, I was not a good enough student, I was not a good enough daughter, I was not a good enough anything. I just felt like I did not belong. The very first piece of praise I remember was from my dance teacher when I was 6 years old. I have never forgotten that. Dance is what kept me from killing myself when I was 10 to 18 years old. I spent as much time as I could dancing and when I wasn't dancing I was dreaming about dancing. Dancing saved my life.

I am no longer that insecure, scared little girl but I do know the power of being in a classroom and just for a little while getting a break from reality. I wish you and your mom the best. If you ever feel you need to talk to someone, please feel free to send me a private message. I will be praying for you both.

ReplySendWatch