Forum: General / Tap / Tap

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Full vs. Split Sole Tap Shoes -- Why Full Soles Are Always Better
By attddancer4life Comments: 13, member since Fri Apr 10, 2015
On Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:57 PM
In my experience, split sole tap shoes have been easier and safer for the style of tapping that I perform & teach.

Whenever I see students attempting toe stands (which they are not allowed to execute at their age) in full sole tap shoes, I cringe because 99 percent of them do bend their knees BUT sickle their feet to the potential point of injury.

I have had only two pairs of the same split sole tap shoes from Capezio in the past six years. The older pair has the best quality sounds while the newer pair makes almost no noise at all. The difference between the two has been the tightness of the screws in the taps themselves. If dancers want to easily perform toe stands but don't want to sacrifice sound, then they should fiddle with the screws until they are loose enough to make quality sounds.

I also have not had issues with my arches shifting since using split sole tap shoes, but I was also born with almost completely flat feet.
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2574, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Thu Jul 16, 2015 07:05 AM
I had always thought that it would be easier to get certain sounds in split soles so I got some and at the same time lost a screw from my full soles, so because I couldn't find any screws small enough I wore the split soles for ages and raved about how comfy they were and how I could use my toes to make sounds better. But then I found a huge DIY store that had the tiny screws I needed and went back to my full soles, I found I could get steps I'd been struggling with so much easier now! I will only wear split soles when for packing reasons I can't take my full soles
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2574, member since Tue Feb 21, 2006
On Thu Jul 16, 2015 07:07 AM
I had always thought that it would be easier to get certain sounds in split soles so I got some and at the same time lost a screw from my full soles, so because I couldn't find any screws small enough I wore the split soles for ages and raved about how comfy they were and how I could use my toes to make sounds better. But then I found a huge DIY store that had the tiny screws I needed and went back to my full soles, I found I could get steps I'd been struggling with so much easier now! I will only wear split soles when for packing reasons I can't take my full soles

Comment #10227542 deleted

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch