Forum: Arts / Books

Outlander - There's one little detail that's puzzling me...
By Arakmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:23 AM
Locked by Arak (4524) on 2010-01-21 17:28:35 Ok, then. That's all I needed to know. Locking to prevent spoilage...

Someone recommended the Outlander series to me well over a year ago and I have been looking ever since for the first book. I finally found it last week, and devoured it. I finished it today and even though I'm holed up in my house sick, I feel compelled to venture out to the library for the next one anyhow. :)

So anyway, there's one little detail in the book that is puzzling me:

Geillis Duncan, the woman Claire is friends with who ends up being burned as a witch, was supposed to have been from the future as well. Which means she should know how the course of history ran, or would run. So why was she giving so much support to Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobite cause if she knew the rising was going to fail? Was she trying to alter the course of history? Or what?

And if this question is going to be addressed somewhere later on in the series, then tell me so, and don't answer it, and in that case I'll probably lock this to prevent the possibility of spoilers. I'd rather read it. It's just that right now it feels like a plot hole in an otherwise really great book and that bothers me. But if not... insight?

2 Replies to Outlander - There's one little detail that's puzzling me...

re: Outlander - There's one little detail that's puzzling me...
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 28, 2010 09:36 AM
I can't remember which book it's exactly addressed in....I was to say Dragonfly in Amber or Voyager....but I can't remember.

But like Megan said it's addressed.....just keep reading the series!

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed