Forum: Arts / Debates

Page:
Page 4 of 4: 1 2 3 4
re: Burger King To Sell Beer
By kandykanePremium member
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 PM
Edited by kandykane (157761) on 2010-02-01 22:40:41
^ I have already stated that I agree this decision was made as a way to add to BK's profits.

Look, fair being fair, if you choose to drink, just be reponsible. Otherwise, you are not just putting yourself at risk, you can be putting others at risk as well. If others are putting me or my kids at risk, then what they do becomes a concern of mine.

I really dislike sounding like a PSA, but my experiences and being the only responsible adult in the immediate family have made me think harder about some issues. Irresponsible drinking is an issue I feel strongly about. Some of the descriptions of drinking I read on DDN are disturbing to me. Some are fine! A drink with dinner is not a sin or the epitome of all evil (I never said it was!) as long as the person drinking is responsible and doesn't put others at risk.

If you choose to put yourself at risk... it's still a concern for me. I would like for all of you to be safe, healthy and live a long life free from the negative consequences of alcohol. Because I care. Is that such a bad thing?

kk~
By Ampersandmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:40 PM
Edited by Ampersand (72713) on 2010-02-01 22:47:06
It isn't a bad thing at all, it just happens to make you the demographic that BK is NOT catering to, and I doubt they are going to change anything to start catering to such a demographic. That isn't going to make them the most money. That is not to say that there are none of their other customers care about having a healthy relationship with alcohol, they just obviously think about it differently than you.

The people who are going to destroy their lives with alcohol are going to do it whether or not some silly fast food restaurant sells beer. There isn't really anything anyone can do to change that, besides what you have already stated as far as personal decisions to not eat there, not bring your kids, etc. Alcohol vendors/distributors/brewers/etc are not responsible for people's poor decision making.
By kandykanePremium member
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:43 PM
Edited by kandykane (157761) on 2010-02-01 22:44:50 tweak
Edited by kandykane (157761) on 2010-02-01 22:46:23
^ Lol, I guess that's why I feel compelled to make my PSAs. If only one person has thought twice about their drinking habits, I have made a difference by making a positve impression on someone.

Second edit: eh, never mind.

kk~
Page:
Page 4 of 4: 1 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch