Forum: Irish / Irish - MAIDs

Bethany is dancing again - yipee!
By BethanysMAIDmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 02:47 AM

Just wanted to share that after almost six months Bethany is irish dancing again! .... only for 45min in the lunch hour at school and she isn't going to be competing again or anything, but it was so lovely to see her dancing again at home that I had to choke back the tears (soppy I know).

G

18 Replies to Bethany is dancing again - yipee!

re: Bethany is dancing again - yipee!
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 03:20 AM
That's wonderful news! I was just thinking about you and Bethany the other day, and wondering if she'd found another type of dance or if she might rediscover Irish some day. Good on her, and welcome back (to both of you)! :)
By Crazy_Clairemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 03:37 AM
Awhh, I saw her dress on another thread the other day and it made me wonder how she was getting on. Its nice that she's back dancing for fun and is enjoying it. Thats the main thing. :)

Claire.
By China_Doll
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 05:03 AM
awww I am so excited to hear she is back in dance-!!! Maybe when she is a little older she will want to go compete again. But she is such a brilliant dancer it's just good to know she is dancing.!
By twinkletoeschamp
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 05:07 AM
That's wonderful! Once you're an Irish Dancer, it never really leaves you ;)
By mochabelle
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 05:57 AM
Good for Bethany! I was just thinking of you the other day. I hope this reinspires her!
By clazfaz
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 06:23 AM
She was such a good little dancer I'm glad she has decided to give it another go!!!!

Hope she gets on really well and enjoys it!!!

Clare.xx
By irishmamamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 06:54 AM
Thats wonderful! Glad to hear it, who knows, this might spark a renewed interest in dance for her.
By mwilkinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 09:22 AM
as a dancer who just returned to classes I can honestly say it's in our blood. It's something that will never leave you.
By Maisey
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 09:35 AM
Good to hear this Gemma..I don't know how you coped with her not dancing. You both seemed to enjoy it so much. I don't know how many times we sent link of idea you had or tip or a funny antedote to other dancers and mums.

It must be fun for her to be able to dance in the middle of the school day !!

don't be such a stranger
By ziggydancer
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 01:22 PM
That is wonderful. From reading your previous posts over the last year or so Bethany seemed to be progressing in leaps and bounds and always enjoyed seeing her dresses, and I particularly remember a photomontage of her you did from age 1 I think to 6 which was fabulous. Didnt realise she had given up, that must have been hard on ye.
By CelticCatPremium member
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 01:49 PM
Gemma, your post put a big smile on my face! I agree, once you're passionate about Irish dancing, it never leave you. Even if she doesn't compete, I hope she'll stay involved in some way, such as joining her school/pals for dance events. St. Patrick's Day is coming up and my dd, although retired from competition, is really looking forward to dancing with her friends for fun. That's what it's all about - for me anyway :)
By ReelJigmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 02:39 PM
I am so happy to hear that! It made me very sad to hear she stopped so this is great!
By jiggymommamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 02:53 PM
As a MAID myself, I really felt for you when Bethany quit. Made me wonder how I would feel if my dd quit as it has been such a huge part of our lives. I know that life goes on, but I am happy to hear your dd is dancing again. :)
By iheartmysetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:07 PM
Yeah!!! Thats awesome :) You can take the girl out of dance, but you can't take dance out of the girl :P
By slip_jig_chick
On Sat Jan 30, 2010 07:13 AM
That's great! I think everyone should give ID a try, even if you've stopped. I agree- you can take the girl out of dance, but you can't take dance out of the girl!
By pols
On Sat Jan 30, 2010 05:41 PM
I quit Irish several years ago and I still miss it, still frequent this board and still find myself practising steps at home. It truly never, ever leaves you.

I'm so happy for you both that she's dancing again, competing or otherwise. Good for her!
By China_Doll
On Sat Jan 30, 2010 05:57 PM
AND! to be totally honest... Like I said I am thrilled that Beth is back dancing- but these boards are just not the same with out BethanysMAID hanging around- I think I speak for a fair amount of DDNers when I say It is nice having you back as well!
By Teamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jan 30, 2010 06:11 PM
China_Doll wrote:

I think I speak for a fair amount of DDNers when I say It is nice having you back as well!

Indeed! You definitely were missed, especially the adorable doll outfits/videos/etc. :)

Glad to hear Bethany is dancing again.

ReplySendWatch