Forum: Irish / Irish - MAIDs

We're looking at colleges in the SR. Need information about Charlotte NC schools
By Realtreble
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 05:40 PM

My little dancer is growing up. Although she'll be off to college in a while, she wants to continue in dance. What dance schools are in the Charlotte, NC area? Of those schools, which has dancers who are most successful at NANs? (Since dd will continue to compete at the MWRO, she needs to train with dancers who are successful against that region's dancers.)

Thanks for your information and advice.

5 Replies to We're looking at colleges in the SR. Need information about Charlotte NC schools

re: We're looking at colleges in the SR. Need information about Charlotte NC schools (karma: 1)
By AlinWonderlandmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 06:57 PM
Edited by AlinWonderland (176484) on 2010-02-01 18:59:12 website
Rince na h'Eireann and Walsh Kelley are the schools in Charlotte. I go to Walsh Kelley and absolutely LOVE it. They both do very well on a national level.

RNH's website
www.rincenaheireann.com

WK's website
www.walshkelleyschool.com
re: We're looking at colleges in the SR. Need information about Charlotte NC schools
By culkinadults
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 06:58 PM
Walsh Kelley School and Rince na h'Eireann are the two larger school in the Charlotte area. Both do well in solos and teams at the regional, national and international level.

Take a look at both based on location, and you can look up results for the Southern Region Oireachtas and the other majors. Don't think you can go wrong with either one.
re: We're looking at colleges in the SR. Need information about Charlotte NC schools
By madirishdancer
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 08:34 PM
Edited by madirishdancer (183911) on 2010-02-01 20:35:00
I second what everyone has said. I go to RNE and I love it there. Check out the websites, call the schools. Both also have locations along with Charlotte (NC for Walsh Kelley, and NC and SC for RNE), depending on what colleges you are looking at.
By Realtreble
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 08:36 PM
Are there any Davidson attendees at either school? I would be interesting to hear how well communting between the schools and juggling schedules works.
By madirishdancer
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 09:36 PM
^Not sure about anyone from DC, since I am currently in one of RNE's SC locations, but there is a Huntersville, NC, location, and Davidison is about a 30-40 minute drive from Charlotte.

ReplySendWatch